Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Inside info" on the Nylander situation...

Dobber Sports Novice

Default "Inside info" on the Nylander situation...

Take this for what you will but my neighbors dad(son plays in NHL and is in constant contact with him) just told me Nylander has no problem sitting out this year and losing this seasons salary. Besides the fact his son just told him there's a high chance Nylander doesn't play in the NHL this year, he brought up very good points... His family is already rich, His dad feels like he didn't earn what he was worth so he's making sure his son gets his, Toronto would have already paid him but Marner and Matthews both are playing incredible right now and that gave the leafs the confidence to not up their offer. Either he signs a one year deal with a ton of money this season or doesn't play until next season. Also he can still get paid good money internationally for rest of this season. Everyone is saying Nylander doesn't have leverage but he truly does... the leafs obviously don't want to pay this kid or they already would have. He's 22, losing one year is doing nothing negatively for him long term.
    14 team, 6 keeper, 11 forward stats and only 4 goalie stats... G, A, P, P/M, PPP, SHP, Blocks, Hits, PIM, Face-off wins, SOG

C(3) Eichel , Trocheck , Dylan Strome
    LW(3) E. Kane, Aho (C,LW,RW), Blake Coleman ( C,LW,RW)

RW(3) Tarasenko, Dustin Brown, Kyle Palmiere
    D(4) Hedman, Carlson, Ellis, Deangelo , Cernak
    G(2) Carter Hart, Blackwood .. minimum 2 start per week.

Tyler Johnson (C,LW,RW) Phillip Danault (C) B. Jenner (C,LW) Brady Tkachuk (LW) JT Compher (C,LW,RW) Svechnikov(LW,RW) Ryan Dzingle (LW,RW)

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: "Inside info" on the Nylander situation...

the son also said everything the Leafs have been saying about Nylander being there for rest of career is because they want to make him look bad when he doesn't sign and they will say "well we tried everything, we wanted him as a career leaf, we've been saying that this whole time" .... their already setting up scapegoats everywhere...
    14 team, 6 keeper, 11 forward stats and only 4 goalie stats... G, A, P, P/M, PPP, SHP, Blocks, Hits, PIM, Face-off wins, SOG

C(3) Eichel , Trocheck , Dylan Strome
    LW(3) E. Kane, Aho (C,LW,RW), Blake Coleman ( C,LW,RW)

RW(3) Tarasenko, Dustin Brown, Kyle Palmiere
    D(4) Hedman, Carlson, Ellis, Deangelo , Cernak
    G(2) Carter Hart, Blackwood .. minimum 2 start per week.

Tyler Johnson (C,LW,RW) Phillip Danault (C) B. Jenner (C,LW) Brady Tkachuk (LW) JT Compher (C,LW,RW) Svechnikov(LW,RW) Ryan Dzingle (LW,RW)

Big Daddy

Regarding your “inside info”: lol

Regarding the thread all together: there are two other Nylander threads plus a Leafs thread. Couldn’t this have been posted in there?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Regarding your “inside info”: lol

Regarding the thread all together: there are two other Nylander threads plus a Leafs thread. Couldn’t this have been posted in there?
    Regarding your reply: what are you doing?

I don't think the "lol" snark is warranted. Shaggy is telling the truth if you ask me. I just wouldn't call it inside info, I'd call it common sense. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that the things he mentioned are obviously part of Nylander's thought process. Why wouldn't they be? Where the comments originated from is irrelevant. I appreciate him sharing because it's a pretty unique source. That doesn't make it a reliable source-- just an interesting one. Where's your all-knowing insight coming from? Who are you to poo-poo on what he shares? I think you're just a hockey fan. But since you're a Leafs fan, you must know more than everyone I guess?

I agree this didn't need a thread but it also didnt need your condescension from the peanut gallery. It was an interesting post IMO.

Sorry I'll get off my soapbox now but these replies that offer nothing but a putdown always irk me.

Shaggy, thanks for your post!

Big Daddy

Did you happen to see Gerry Dee’s series of smart-ass tweets about “inside info”? This post is on par with that. And it was a simple lol, relax.

The Great One

Inside info. Nobody here has it.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Inside info. Nobody here has it.
    . Way back when we did have a guy who did have some flyers inside info.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy88 View Post
    Take this for what you willbut my neighbors dad(son plays in NHL and is in constant contact with him) just told me Nylander has no problem sitting out this year and losing this seasons salary. Besides the fact his son just told him there's a high chance Nylander doesn't play in the NHL this year, he brought up very good points... His family is already rich, His dad feels like he didn't earn what he was worth so he's making sure his son gets his, Toronto would have already paid him but Marner and Matthews both are playing incredible right now and that gave the leafs the confidence to not up their offer. Either he signs a one year deal with a ton of money this season or doesn't play until next season. Also he can still get paid good money internationally for rest of this season. Everyone is saying Nylander doesn't have leverage but he truly does... the leafs obviously don't want to pay this kid or they already would have. He's 22, losing one year is doing nothing negatively for him long term.
    Like Shaggy said, take it for what you will.

i think it needed it's own thread because it may be more interesting to some than just going through the 'Nylander' thread which is basically members opinions and nothing close to insider information from someone that knows Nylander.

Thanks for the insight Shaggy.

Dobber Sports Sage

I mean the info is somewhat logical and I have no reason to doubt it or believe it fully. But I like this type of stuff, creates conversation. It would make sense at this stage as I feel if nylander was bluffing this whole time he would have signed by now.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I mean the info is somewhat logical and I have no reason to doubt it or believe it fully. But I like this type of stuff, creates conversation. It would make sense at this stage as I feel if nylander was bluffing this whole time he would have signed by now.
    Agreed. I liked the post.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

lol

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Leafs2010 View Post
    lol
    Still nothing to suggest it wasn't accurate. None of us know who had to come up or down to 6.9. But if the leafs ultimately came up to 6.9m/per then this could have still been true.

Nowhere did the op suggest the info said nylander would be sitting out. He said that nylander had no issue sitting out insinuating that if he didn't get a number he was happy with he would sit out. For all we know he got the number and term he was happy with and the leafs caved and came up last minute.
    Maybe not the case, but laughing at the op doesn't add anything.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Nylander signing doesn’t discredit the OP and haters need to relax and calm down.

Dobber Sports Initiate

More insider info...he could have had this deal 2 months ago.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    More insider info...he could have had this deal 2 months ago.
    Now that, I would believe.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby