17 21.25%
  • Sitting out for a full year

31 38.75%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Nylander

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Nylander

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I don't think that's possible to pull off in Toronto in 2018 but if they did it would be legendary.
    Ya I know I was saying it in jest

I don't think this is going to get done.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    .....wut lol
    Simply really. Nylander is not a special player ala McDavid, Mathews, etc. Sorry to break it to you.

Now, could I have my blue glasses back?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    But you are posting as if there is some magical combination of Nylander in Toronto that made him get 60 pts. Do you think if he's traded he'll be put on the 3rd line and put up 40 pts? There are multiple landing spots throughout the league that would allow Nylander to post similar points. He could go somewhere and else and get 2-3 minutes more per night and have his production increase.
    Not with inferior linemates he won't.

and/or Stamkos he could produce similar results as he is getting now. That was just a bad relationship with the front office that could be fixed with the right line combinations.
    I would think Cooper would have given the 3rd overall pick a chance to succeed.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Simply really. Nylander is not a special player ala McDavid, Mathews, etc. Sorry to break it to you.

Now, could I have my blue glasses back?
    Correct, he’s not McDavid.

He’s also not Matt Moulson.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Correct, he’s not McDavid.

He’s also not Matt Moulson.
    That's my point. No he isn't Matt Moulson or PA Parenteau but those 2 flourished in the right circumstances and I believe Nylander's best situation would be in Toronto where he has already established himself. To miss a year and start over in a new city could be detrimental to his career in my opinion and his bank account.

We will find out in about 1 1/2 hrs.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    There is no guarantee that Nylander would have the same success in those spots. There would be no guarantee in Carolina or Philly or anywhere else for that matter. Svechnikov plays in Carolina. He ain't getting 60 points and he was drafted 2nd overall.

Former early 1st rounders Domi and Drouin will end up career highs after starting their careers elsewhere. Do you think if Domi went back to Arizona, he would be at a point a game? Do you think that if Drouin, a 3rd overall pick, went back to Tampa that he would have the same success he is having in Montreal? Even though there is a ton more talent in Tampa. I doubt it. Why? Because he didn't gell in TB.

Like I said, unless you are talking about special players, there are no guarantees, and Nylander isn't a special player.
    There are no guarantees but you seem to know with 100% certainty that Toronto is the absolutely best possible spot for Nylander and it's impossible for him to have more success somewhere else? That's an interesting way to contradict yourself. Your examples Drouin and Domi had better results after they were moved but somehow that's impossible to happen with Nylander. OK then.

Dobber Sports Sage

There's nothing to suggest nylander can't flourish with another team. The same way he isn't guaranteed to succeed with Toronto or another team.

Toronto has good forwards and depth up front but so do a bunch of teams. Good forward depth can actually be detrimental to a players deployment and ice time. The argument that he's going to be way better off in Toronto career wise or production wise doesn't carry any weight. That could be the case or it could easily not be. No one here can say definitivey either way without it being construed as totally speculative.

A 22 year old nylander likely walks into the top 6 on any nhl team right now and is likely given ample opportunity.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Titan

365 days from now we're doing the same with kapanen

Dobber Sports Immortal

Haha so dumb to wait this long.

The Great One

Signed
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

6 year deal

6.9 x 6 years (including 6.9 for just the rest of this year)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Time to plan the ****ing PARADE BOYS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Time to plan the ****ing PARADE BOYS!!!!
    It would be very on brand for the Leafs to have a parade for losing to Boston in the first round in 6 again.

Dobber Sports Sage

Was there really any ever doubt?!? Haha...
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

According to Capfriendly, the contract is 6 years and 45 mil. Which means he signed for 7.5/yr, that becomes a 6.9/yr AAV for the remaining years after this. For the “Nylander has no leverage” crowd, I don’t know if anyone was expecting him to get the same as Tarasenko and $750k more than Pastrnak