• Traded

17 21.25%
  • Sitting out for a full year

31 38.75%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Nylander

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Nylander

He hasn't budged yet....I think his party goes the distance. Out for the year.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    He hasn't budged yet....I think his party goes the distance. Out for the year.
    They're going to take this right to the deadline. I'm not surprised there hasn't been a resolution yet. This is the last serious pressure point - can't see Nylander not taking one of the deals the Leafs put before him (2/3 year bridge or 6 year deal)

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Not trying to throw fuel to the fire but it's an odd point you're trying to make here. Nylander is a top-10 pick that has only played 2 NHL seasons and has scored 60 points in each. By your logic he's a 50 point player on another team. That is simply not true. He's extremely talented and frankly his ceiling is significantly higher than 60 points, so it's inaccurate to say that he's already found his best case scenario. If anything, it's probably easier to argue that the Leafs are a bad situation for him.
    No problem.

Just because he's a top 10 pick doesn't guarantee anything. Just ask the Oilers. By my logic, I do think this is his best case scenerio. If he is as good as you think he is, he should have gone in the top 3 in the draft. Michael Dal Colle went 5th overall in that draft. He has barely gotten a sniff of the NHL. If he was a Leaf, who knows how he would have gelled with Mathews and Marner.

Max Domi is doing in Montreal what he coudn't do in Arizona. Different situation. Elite players can play anywhere and flourish. Those are special players. I don't think Nylander is a special player. Good? Yes.

Dobber Sports Ninja

They will sign a short-term deal and then trade him - either this year or off season.

Two things are for certain - he's definitely not sitting out and they won't be signing him long term. The relationship is almost at the point of scorched earth.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think he's done with Toronto, and they are done with him.

I'd expect a trade at some point, which may happen before the deadline, or it may happen after he sits out. If he sits out, he can simply go play in the KHL for a year to recoup some money, right?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I think he's done with Toronto, and they are done with him.

I'd expect a trade at some point, which may happen before the deadline, or it may happen after he sits out. If he sits out, he can simply go play in the KHL for a year to recoup some money, right?
    I can't help but feel similar. I would understand if he no longer had a desire to play for the leafs after taking alot of heat for this (unfairly I might add) from the team and fan base. I could see him being at a point where he's either getting his money or sitting out and being fine with that. But really who knows, it's all just speculation until something happens, or doesn't happen by 5pm.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    He has developed a chemistry with this team. That's not an easy thing to do. Look at St. Louis, Edmonton and others.

There are a lot of players that are as good as they are because of the situation their team is in. Unless your name is McDavid, Mathews, Crosby or Malkin who are superstars, are also catalysts and make players around them better. Tavares made a couple of 9th rounders stars. I'm just saying that i'm not so sure Nylander is a player that can thrive in any enviroment and that he should stick it out in Toronto, even if it means a million or so less, continue to develop and go from there. I believe he is risking taking a couple of steps back after all he has done in Toronto in his first couple of years and could cost him a lot more millions later in his career. Just my opinion.
    I think you are giving way too much credit to Nylander's teammates and not recognizing that many teams have excellent players that Nylander would fit in with. While Toronto probably has the best trio of elite skill in the NHL, do we really have to go through the rest of the league to identify potentially successful landing spots for Nylander? Like someone mentioned earlier, Nylander would fit in great with Aho and/or Teravainen or put him somewhere in Philly's top 6. While his chance for a Cup dramatically decreases, his overall ceiling is not going to drastically change. Like others have mentioned, with more prime usage it might actually increase.

And in terms of Dal Colle, if he couldn't make it with Tavares and Barzal, why would he had made it with Matthews and Marner?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Master

takes one of the bridge deals offered by shanaplan at the 11th hour and then we do this again in 2-3 years whether its in toronto or elsewhere.

Dobber Sports Master

takes one of the bridge deals offered by shanaplan at the 11th hour and then we do this again in 2-3 years whether its in toronto or elsewhere.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Under 12 hours now.

Imagine there is no news and then he just walks on the ice tonight?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Under 12 hours now.

In the KHL?

Dobber Sports Sage

Under 12 hours now.

I don't think that's possible to pull off in Toronto in 2018 but if they did it would be legendary.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I think you are giving way too much credit to Nylander's teammates and not recognizing that many teams have excellent players that Nylander would fit in with. While Toronto probably has the best trio of elite skill in the NHL, do we really have to go through the rest of the league to identify potentially successful landing spots for Nylander? Like someone mentioned earlier, Nylander would fit in great with Aho and/or Teravainen or put him somewhere in Philly's top 6. While his chance for a Cup dramatically decreases, his overall ceiling is not going to drastically change. Like others have mentioned, with more prime usage it might actually increase.

And in terms of Dal Colle, if he couldn't make it with Tavares and Barzal, why would he had made it with Matthews and Marner?
    There is no guarantee that Nylander would have the same success in those spots. There would be no guarantee in Carolina or Philly or anywhere else for that matter. Svechnikov plays in Carolina. He ain't getting 60 points and he was drafted 2nd overall.

Former early 1st rounders Domi and Drouin will end up career highs after starting their careers elsewhere. Do you think if Domi went back to Arizona, he would be at a point a game? Do you think that if Drouin, a 3rd overall pick, went back to Tampa that he would have the same success he is having in Montreal? Even though there is a ton more talent in Tampa. I doubt it. Why? Because he didn't gell in TB.

Like I said, unless you are talking about special players, there are no guarantees, and Nylander isn't a special player.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

There is no guarantee that Nylander would have the same success in those spots. There would be no guarantee in Carolina or Philly or anywhere else for that matter. Svechnikov plays in Carolina. He ain't getting 60 points and he was drafted 2nd overall.

Former early 1st rounders Domi and Drouin will end up career highs after starting their careers elsewhere. Do you think if Domi went back to Arizona, he would be at a point a game? Do you think that if Drouin, a 3rd overall pick, went back to Tampa that he would have the same success he is having in Montreal? Even though there is a ton more talent in Tampa. I doubt it. Why? Because he didn't gell in TB.

Like I said, unless you are talking about special players, there are no guarantees, and Nylander isn't a special player.
    .....wut lol

Dobber Sports Sage

But you are posting as if there is some magical combination of Nylander in Toronto that made him get 60 pts. Do you think if he's traded he'll be put on the 3rd line and put up 40 pts? There are multiple landing spots throughout the league that would allow Nylander to post similar points. He could go somewhere and get 2-3 minutes more per night and have his production increase. And yes, I think if Drouin went back to Tampa and played with Kuch and/or Stamkos he could produce similar results as he is getting now. That was just a bad relationship with the front office that could be fixed with the right line combinations.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov