17 21.25%
  • Sitting out for a full year

31 38.75%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Nylander

Big Daddy

Default Re: Nylander

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Sure we will take Nylander!! Not sure what I want to give up for him as a Flyers fan right now though!!

Lets be creative....

Simmonds + for Nylander +
    Provorov and Gostisbehere aren't realistic. Maybe Travis Sanheim but I'd be lying if I said I knew much about him other than he was a top prospect a few years back. As for your offer of Simmonds + for Nylander +.... I like it. For me, the plus to Simmonds would have to be Robert Hagg and no plus would be added to Nylander considering Simmonds is UFA this summer.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Deity

I have no idea how this is going to play out, but if Marner/Matthews is anything like this Nylander ride, Leafs fans are going to be jumping off bridges here, there and everywhere.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

I think he'll take the 6 year deal offer, if it's for as much as they say it is/will be (6.9 or 7 per)

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports All-Star

He has to sign or it will be career sucide imo. He won't get to play with this kind of talent anywhere he gets traded and he is somewhat the benificary of playing with a talented group of forwards. Take a million less now. You'll get it back in time, but only if you sign now and stay in Toronto.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Would you give up Provorov?
    Provorov > Nylander

(easily)
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Pro

He has to sign or it will be career sucide imo. He won't get to play with this kind of talent anywhere he gets traded and he is somewhat the benificary of playing with a talented group of forwards. Take a million less now. You'll get it back in time, but only if you sign now and stay in Toronto.
    I don't really follow this logic. There are quite a few players on quite a few teams outside of Toronto that are having fine careers. This is the NHL after all

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If he goes to Carolina, he's playing with Aho. Philly, he's playing with Giroux. This really doesn't make any sense. Shit, I mean in Toronto he might not even be PP1. Chances are he will probably play with better talent in more favorable situations somewhere else.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    I don't really follow this logic. There are quite a few players on quite a few teams outside of Toronto that are having fine careers. This is the NHL after all

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22
    If he goes to Carolina, he's playing with Aho. Philly, he's playing with Giroux. This really doesn't make any sense. Shit, I mean in Toronto he might not even be PP1. Chances are he will probably play with better talent in more favorable situations somewhere else.

He has developed a chemistry with this team. That's not an easy thing to do. Look at St. Louis, Edmonton and others.

There are a lot of players that are as good as they are because of the situation their team is in. Unless your name is McDavid, Mathews, Crosby or Malkin who are superstars, are also catalysts and make players around them better. Tavares made a couple of 9th rounders stars. I'm just saying that i'm not so sure Nylander is a player that can thrive in any enviroment and that he should stick it out in Toronto, even if it means a million or so less, continue to develop and go from there. I believe he is risking taking a couple of steps back after all he has done in Toronto in his first couple of years and could cost him a lot more millions later in his career. Just my opinion.

Dobber Sports Pro

I voted trade. I think the new Leafs culture has no room for pouty-pants types.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He has developed a chemistry with this team. That's not an easy thing to do. Look at St. Louis, Edmonton and others.

There are a lot of players that are as good as they are because of the situation their team is in. Unless your name is McDavid, Mathews, Crosby or Malkin who are superstars, are also catalysts and make players around them better. Tavares made a couple of 9th rounders stars. I'm just saying that i'm not so sure Nylander is a player that can thrive in any enviroment and that he should stick it out in Toronto, even if it means a million or so less, continue to develop and go from there. I believe he is risking taking a couple of steps back after all he has done in Toronto in his first couple of years and could cost him a lot more millions later in his career. Just my opinion.
    Your glasses are so blue I'm surprised you can see through them

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I voted trade. I think the new Leafs culture has no room for pouty-pants types.
    They still have two more to deal with. They cant trade them all away LOL
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Your glasses are so blue I'm surprised you can see through them
    LOL Not quite. Not a Leaf fan. Although, growing up and living in the Toronto area, yes, i'd like to see them win a cup for the city.

I'm not just talking about Nylander here so I don't know how you could make that assumption. There have been many players over the years that didn't have the same sucess that they had with their original team. These kids are cutting their teeth together. Chemistry is huge in sports. Nylander doesn't need a change of scenery. It probably won't get better for him.

Dobber Sports Pro

LOL Not quite. Not a Leaf fan. Although, growing up and living in the Toronto area, yes, i'd like to see them win a cup for the city.

I'm not just talking about Nylander here so I don't know how you could make that assumption. There have been many players over the years that didn't have the same sucess that they had with their original team. These kids are cutting their teeth together. Chemistry is huge in sports. Nylander doesn't need a change of scenery. It probably won't get better for him.

Not trying to throw fuel to the fire but it's an odd point you're trying to make here. Nylander is a top-10 pick that has only played 2 NHL seasons and has scored 60 points in each. By your logic he's a 50 point player on another team. That is simply not true. He's extremely talented and frankly his ceiling is significantly higher than 60 points, so it's inaccurate to say that he's already found his best case scenario. If anything, it's probably easier to argue that the Leafs are a bad situation for him.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I KNOW....I KNOW...IT'S NOT AT ALL ON THE SAME SCALE.....but maybe...just maybe, the Leafs fans can appreciate what the Islanders fans went through in the waning days of Tavares leaving...checking Twitter and hitting "refresh" all night Friday night as the exclusive right to negotiate with the Isles was ticking away...into Saturday morning when they still clung to hope that he'd return.

The Great One

Trade. San Jose.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch