Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Flyers trade for a healthy veteran goalie

Administrator

Default Re: Flyers trade for a healthy veteran goalie

I think the injuries are adding up for Schneider. He's 32 and he's had a bunch of lower-body injuries in recent years. That plus less playing time (and lost momentum) leading to him not being confident in goal... not a good combination.

Note: Everyone is different and I'm just speculating here. A different goalie can be 34 and have more injuries on his resume and come out of it just fine. Somehow Schneider is not the goalie he used to be.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If Schneider was still recovering he'd still be on the IR. He's recovered, just struggling to find his game.
    nope mate, we are going to agree to disagree

I don't think Schneider has lost his game, only part of his hip which he is learning to overcome with PT and daily core exercises.

Very good buy low candidate imho

we shall see sometime around Feb or March is my hunch
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    nope mate, we are going to agree to disagree

I don't think Schneider has lost his game, only part of his hip which he is learning to overcome with PT and daily core exercises.

Very good buy low candidate imho

we shall see sometime around Feb or March is my hunch
    I agree he's a buy low but the Devils weren't going to rush him back. They didn't have to, so if he's back with the team, one has to expect full health.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I agree he's a buy low but the Devils weren't going to rush him back. They didn't have to, so if he's back with the team, one has to expect full health.
    Isn't there a difference between "full health" and optimal game shape? I think what DP is saying is that Schneider needs to completely readjust after having this surgery and that it may take awhile for his body to get there and for him to find his form. I think there is some grey zone between "healthy" and "optimal health"....

Administrator

The idea of a player being 100% full health whenever they come off IR is silly. Players are always playing at less than 100%.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

This may not be such a bad idea. After being at the game in Winnipeg yesterday, of which the Flyers dominated the first period. The difference....

Hellebuyck made a couple big saves..... Neuvy barely made any saves. You could totally see it just deflate the Flyers...who played significantly better than the Jets the whole first period and into the 2nd.

A goalie being able to make a timely save or a big save now an again is one thing.... but I think the players for the Flyers... they want to see a goalie that can make the saves that he 'should' save more often than the current situation.