Thread: Josh Brook

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Josh Brook

Josh Brook is having a monster season so far in the WHL. 27 points in 18 games! He have a very good chance to play for Canada at the WJHC. He’s not even in Dobber’s top 50 prospect D. I think he’s a top prospect and should be in it. Just wanna know what you guys thinks about this guy? Thanks
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Josh Brook

His progression is unbelievable
    I think the best thing with him is the fact that he is really good offensively, a big weakness with MTL (so his fantasy value can be a good gamble)
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Josh Brook

Brook has definitely been intriguing this season and he has caught my eye as hype for the World Junior tournament ramps up. I often shy away for WHL players partially due to my unfamiliarity with the league but I had an open spot on my roster I wanted to use on someone that may over-perform at the WJC and Brook may do just that so I picked him up recently.

It will be interesting to see where he slides into Canada's line-up, Canada has Bouchard and Dobson on the right side already but Tim Hunter, Brook's coach in Moose Jaw and Canada's coach for the tournament, may give Brook preferential treatment due to his trust in the player and knowing Brook can excel in systems Hunter sets up. Moose Jaw also runs an interesting power-play with 2 RHD (Jett Woo plays his off-side) and I'm curious if they try something similar in the tournament.

There have been a couple good articles published last week about Brook, both have video of Brook using his shot-pass to great effect recently

Catching The Torch: Josh Brook is the WHL’s most productive defenceman

Brown: The NHL-ready tool that is taking Josh Brook’s offence to the next level (the Athletic)

One of the more interesting paragraphs in the SBNation article ads a little perspective to his production in the WHL

...but he is also leading all blue-liners in the WHL in points per game right now with 1.53. And he is doing this playing for an edition of the Warriors that is, on paper, weaker offensively than last year’s.

It’s expected that this point pace slows down as there are not many defenders who have scored above 1.20 points per game in the WHL in the past five years — some have, like Kale Clague, Josh Morrissey, Derrick Pouliot, David Quenneville, Connor Hobbs, and Travis Sanheim. Plus, high production doesn’t always equal immediate NHL success either, the above group of players being a good indication of that.

He may never be a huge impact guy in the NHL but I'm excited to see him with the Maple Leaf on his chest on Boxing Day