Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bold or Stupid?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Bold or Stupid?

My opinion has been swayed by stevegamer.

We both agree that Neuvirth has to go. He is not a 1A or a 1B. We both concur that scooping Anderson is a good idea. (Thou, it has to be noted that taking on this commitment does assume risk as Anderson’s contract is not one you can trade out of if his icetime drastically changes.) Elliott, however, is the 3rd goalie to roster. He is a 1A goalie and what he can bring to the table, right now, is more than what Brossoit has to offer. The Brossoit option will still be available in both the short and long term. Broissoit can sit in the minors and be called upon if, and when, he is needed. Dropping and buying out the Philly tandem is overplaying your hand this early in the season. There are still 14 - 18 weeks left to play in H2H. Having three starters and the option to roster the Winnipeg back up in case of longerm Hellebuyck injury occurs is the stronger play.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Novice

Well, it's done. Anderson is in. Of course, I'm immediately second guessing it and wondering about Eskimo Brother's suggestion of Helle-Brossoit-Elliott. Definitely the safer play in a keeper league, but oh, well. The good news is I can switch to that option if I find I'm sacrificing 2 cats (GAA, SV%) to lock up just one (SV). Thanks once again to everyone for the insights.

Dobber Sports Genius

Anderson shuts out the Rangers 3-0. If only for tonight, you look like the smartest guy in the room. BOLD!

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Anderson shuts out the Rangers 3-0. If only for tonight, you look like the smartest guy in the room. BOLD!

Last three games have been alright. Elliott is finally on IR, and I've got Brossoit replacing, so I'm running Andy-Helle-LB, which was what someone suggested above. I still think Eskimo Brother probably had the best suggestion - Helle-Elloitt-LB. But we'll see how SV% and GAA shake out with Andy in the fold. Maybe it won't be so bad!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I agree that it is not ideal, but having the Flyers goalies killing you every week is also less than ideal. Sometimes you have to take what you can get, and at the moment, that is Craig Anderson.
    I stumbled across this tidbit [below] and made me think of this post.

"The Flyers are on pace to have the worst season of goaltending [by any team] since 1999-2000"

Also, Craig Anderson has the most SAVES in the league since November 21. In a league set-up based on W, GAA, SAVES, SV%, SO, Andeson is the thrid ranked goalie since the OP picked him up.

TRENDING: BOLD

Dobber Sports Genius

If the OP is around I am curious how his goaltending played out this year.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd like to know as well. Sadly Neuvirth went on IR a little too late for him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.