Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Coach firings. Who's next and how soon?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Coach firings. Who's next and how soon?

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Upper management in Edmonton seem too stupid to address the shit show going on over there. They both should have been gone going into this past off-season.
    As long as the 1980's Oiler's are steering that ship and making decisions - Edm is in trouble. It's time to leave Lowe, McTavish in the rafters and get people in that can do the job.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

A team that should be contending should fire their coach if they can get Quenneville as replacement. He's not good with rebuilding teams but he can turn a good roster into a contender.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Yeo and McLennan both need to be canned ASAP. After St. Louis got shut out tonight, fans have to be refreshing twitter.
    Called it!
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports All-Star

Looks like St Louis will need to replace Berube unless they are giving up this year. The team seems to be worse off since Berube took over and were shelacked 6-1 by Vancouver at home today. 6 goals on 21 shots. Not sure if their goaltending is this bad or if they are just giving up quality shots? Probably both.

I imagine St Louis will just give up on this season and hire a new coach in the summer since they seem to be happy with mediocrity.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Looks like St Louis will need to replace Berube unless they are giving up this year. The team seems to be worse off since Berube took over and were shelacked 6-1 by Vancouver at home today. 6 goals on 21 shots. Not sure if their goaltending is this bad or if they are just giving up quality shots? Probably both.

I imagine St Louis will just give up on this season and hire a new coach in the summer since they seem to be happy with mediocrity.
    Except they don't have their own 1st round pick (top 10 protected).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Except they don't have their own 1st round pick (top 10 protected).
    If its protected then they would retain it beause they are on their way to finishing near the bottom of the overall standings. Correct?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Chad Johnson has just been put on waivers. Recall Binnington. Can't hurt. Doubt it will help though.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    If its protected then they would retain it beause they are on their way to finishing near the bottom of the overall standings. Correct?
    Correct, but the incentive is there to turn things around this year because then 2020 would not be protected at all. Basically the situation the Sens found themselves in last June.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)