Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

The Great One

Default Re: Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I have noticed that hole as well which is exactly why I wanted to organize this. People seem to be liking it, so I'm sure we'll do it again later this season.

Good idea about adding some write-ups. I don't really want to have 60 write-ups there but maybe for some dark horses as you mentioned. I'll keep that in mind!
    That would be awesome. And yes - nobody really needs a write up on Carter Hart. But some of those later names on the list I'd love to hear about.

Or, for example, why Filip Larsson (who's injured and hasn't even played a college game yet) makes this list and Patrik Rybar (who is putting up respectable numbers in the AHL) does not make this list. Would love to know what people see in Larsson...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    That would be awesome. And yes - nobody really needs a write up on Carter Hart. But some of those later names on the list I'd love to hear about.

Or, for example, why Filip Larsson (who's injured and hasn't even played a college game yet) makes this list and Patrik Rybar (who is putting up respectable numbers in the AHL) does not make this list. Would love to know what people see in Larsson...
    Larsson is a 20-year-old who had an amazing season last year in the USHL, and he had a very strong season in the SuperElit before that. Rybar is 25 years old, undrafted, and has played a total of 6 games in North America... Rybar is definitely closer to the NHL but even if he makes it, is he ever going to be more than a pure backup? I would take a potential starter over a guy like him every time, even when he's years away from playing in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Gotta think Kaapo Kahkonen, if he even remotely continues this pace (and gets more starts) will rise and fast. I mean... 0.79 & .972 in his first 5 AHL games... Time to load Hammond on on hamburgers and give the net to the 22yr old kid.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kaapo is exactly who I'll be looking for to see a difference in ranking whenever the next ranking comes later in the season.

Some write ups would definitely be great as well, maybe inbetween ranking articles? I saw that recently Sorokin challenged (maybe broke, I'm not sure) Shestyorkin's KHL shutout record. I saw that Jokerit's Janis Kalnins had a shutout streak of his own going too. A journey article about prospect goalies in Europe would be awesome.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Kaapo is exactly who I'll be looking for to see a difference in ranking whenever the next ranking comes later in the season.

Some write ups would definitely be great as well, maybe inbetween ranking articles? I saw that recently Sorokin challenged (maybe broke, I'm not sure) Shestyorkin's KHL shutout record. I saw that Jokerit's Janis Kalnins had a shutout streak of his own going too. A journey article about prospect goalies in Europe would be awesome.
    I might ramble a bit about some lesser-known prospect goalies at some point. Seems like there could be interest for something like that.

It's very boring to write about how great Sorokin and Shestyorkin are because they've been great for a few years already. I'm also expecting Pat Quinn to include something about those goalies in his monthly KHL Report, so those are the reasons why I don't usually bother writing about them.

And Kalnins is almost 27 already, he's not a prospect in my books.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd suspect that some voter(s) didn't consider Ullmark a prospect now that he's in the NHL. I can't see any way Ullmark isn't a top-30 prospect right now among non-established NHL players. 26 games before this year doesn't make him established (to me) even if it was over 3 seasons.

It's really weird that Husso & Jarry didn't make someone's list, unless they also didn't consider them prospects, or really don't like them. Not knowing which it is, means that some specifications regarding limiting factors to the voters would be a good thing.

Would be itneresting to get a write-up of who each writer was highest & lowest on relative to the other rankers.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Did you make this list before or after Kaapo Kahkonen had 3 SHO in his first 4 AHL starts?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd suspect that some voter(s) didn't consider Ullmark a prospect now that he's in the NHL. I can't see any way Ullmark isn't a top-30 prospect right now among non-established NHL players. 26 games before this year doesn't make him established (to me) even if it was over 3 seasons.

It's really weird that Husso & Jarry didn't make someone's list, unless they also didn't consider them prospects, or really don't like them. Not knowing which it is, means that some specifications regarding limiting factors to the voters would be a good thing.

Would be itneresting to get a write-up of who each writer was highest & lowest on relative to the other rankers.
    I provided a list of 65 names to each writer, and Ullmark, Husso and Jarry were on that list.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Did you make this list before or after Kaapo Kahkonen had 3 SHO in his first 4 AHL starts?
    Votes were collected over the previous 3 weeks before it was released. I doubt anyone is making decisions over a 4 game sample size but anything's possible.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Votes were collected over the previous 3 weeks before it was released. I doubt anyone is making decisions over a 4 game sample size but anything's possible.
    Couldn't have asked for a better small ice transition. You pointed me in the direction of Kaapo last year. I'm feeling good about following that advice so far. I'm very excited to see where the ROS goes for this kid. I'm expecting more earthly type numbers, but you know how we all love small sample sizes
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Was Sparks part of the 65 players you provided?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter9 View Post
    Was Sparks part of the 65 players you provided?
    No he wasn't, although not sure he would have made any lists even if he was. Everyone was allowed to add prospects to the list if they wanted to, and two additions were made.

People are surprisingly high on old "prospects" who don't project to become more than backups. I know they have some value in some league types but still.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I provided a list of 65 names to each writer, and Ullmark, Husso and Jarry were on that list.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm late to the party but thanks for the list

Dobber Sports Wizard

Updated top 60 ranking of fantasy hockey prospect goalies available now!

>> Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies - February 2019