Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

  1. #1
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

    Nine writers at DobberProspects put their smart heads together for a consensus Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies ranking. That's right, there are 60 prospect goalies ranked in there. I'm willing to bet you'll find at least a few surprises.

    >> Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies - November 2018

    Updated list here!

    >> Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies - February 2019
    Last edited by Jouko-Pouko; February 7, 2019 at 3:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Jedi

    Default Re: Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

    Thanks to those who participated. This is awesome info and very helpful.

  3. #3
    Rep Power
    7

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

    Wow the timing for me is awesome, great job!
    Does this list factor waiting time in?
    10 team, 14 players H2H points only keeper league with cap (65M). 1 mandatory rookie active on the lineup. Projected keepers in bold.
    F: Tavares, Kucherov, Pastrnak, Granlund, Stone, Pettersson
    D: Letang, Barrie, Suter
    G: Hellebuyck
    Bench: Gibson, Werenski, Meier
    ----------------------------------------------
    12 team, H2H pts only. 25-man rosters, start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2G. Keep 12 + 3 optional rookie spots
    C - Tavares, Kuznetsov
    RW - Kucherov, Meier
    LW - Hoffman, Ehlers
    D - Josi, Dumba, Krug, OEL
    G - Rask, Rinne
    Prospects (need to cut to 3): Demko, Tolvanen, Necas, Kaprizov, C. White, Jokijarhu


  4. #4
    Doug Glatt's Avatar
    Doug Glatt is online now
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,284
    Location
    Seattle
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Superstar

    Default Re: Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

    Great stuff Jokke. Thanks to you and the guys for putting this together.



    2015, '16, '18 League Champ
    10-Team H2H (Multi-cat Points) Dynasty
    G/A/PIM/PPG/PPA/SHG/SHA/FOW/SOG/HIT/BLK/D Pts/W/SV/GA/SO

    Daily 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 1Skt-Keep 26 in bold
    C: McDavid~Stamkos~Tavares~Zibanejad~Pettersson~Hintz
    LW: Ovechkin~Landeskog~B.Tkachuk~A.Svechnikov~N.Ritchie
    RW: Kucherov~Pastrnak~Rantanen~Kakko~Thomas~Kravtsov
    D: Burns~Carlson~Dahlin~Heiskanen~Nurse~Rielly~Cernak ~Sergachev
    G: Andersen~Bob~Lehner
    Farm: Keep 22 for 150 NHL games
    (C) Turcotte~Hayton~Cozens~Poehling~Steel
    (W) Comtois~Kaprizov~J.Robertson~Vesalainen~Caufield~L avoie
    (D) Bouchard~Byram~Dobson~K.Miller~Alexeyev
    (G) Demko~UPL~Primeau~Scott~Shesterkin~Sorokin~Konoval ov



  5. #5
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

    Quote Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
    Wow the timing for me is awesome, great job!
    Does this list factor waiting time in?
    It's basically how the writers would draft those prospects. Some might put more value on waiting time (less waiting time also means less risk), some might value upside more. Some put more value on goalie's talent level, some put more value on opportunity.

  6. #6
    Location
    Prairies
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Titan

    Default Re: Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

    I like that ADP.
    Very clearly suggests the top 5 is a break-away group by confidence.

    Good work, worth some REP.

  7. #7
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

    Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I like that ADP.
    Good work, worth some REP.
    I knew you would! I figured it worked out fine here because everyone provided the same amount of names on their rankings.

  8. #8
    jman's Avatar
    jman is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,206
    Rep Power
    16

    Dobber Sports Padawan

    Default Re: Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

    This is awesome. A huge thanks to Jokke and the rest of the contributors.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

    Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

  9. #9
    Dennis's Avatar
    Dennis is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,123
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    18

    Dobber Sports Padawan

    Default Re: Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

    Great stuff, thanks to all involved and JP for spearheading it!
    BBHL: Winnipeg Jets 16 team Dynasty Weekly H2H, 42 man roster, 25 'Pro' Team - 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 1 G, 5 B Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

    C: J. Hughes, Mittelstadt, Henrique,
    Pageau, Zacha
    LW: Kreider, Athanasiou,
    M. Wood, Kerfoot, B. Tkachuk
    RW: Tarasenko, Atkinson, Arvidsson. Perlini,
    Hinostroza, Aston-Reese
    D: Klingberg, Subban, Suter, Edmundson,
    Edler, Skjei
    G:
    Schneider, Elliott, Korpisalo, Howard

    Farm: Podkolzin, L. Andersson, A. Nylander, Studnicka, Chmelevski, Tomasino, Grundstrom, Mikheyev, Koivula, Chekhovich, Brannstrom, R. Andersson, Bouchard, Cernak, Schuldt, Gavrikov, Brossoit, Francouz, C. Petersen, Kahkonen


  10. #10
    Location
    Ottawa
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Guru

    Default Re: Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

    It absolutely blows my mind that only 8 of these goalies made all 9 lists. That means someone like Ullmark or Husso didn't make somebody's top-60 list.

  11. #11
    Mr. Guru's Avatar
    Mr. Guru is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,216
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    The Great One

    Default Re: Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

    What I've learned over the many years of fantasy hockey is don't put too much stock/value in goalie prospect rankings.

  12. #12
    FantasyKing's Avatar
    FantasyKing is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Padawan

    Default Re: Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

    Jarry might be a guy to keep an eye out for

  13. #13
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

    Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    It absolutely blows my mind that only 8 of these goalies made all 9 lists. That means someone like Ullmark or Husso didn't make somebody's top-60 list.
    Actually, both of them were missing from at least one list. Besides the top six, DiPietro and Oettinger were the other two found from all nine lists.

    But just to clarify, everyone ranked 30 goalies, not 60. The end result was a top 60 list because that's how many guys got votes in the top 30 lists.

  14. #14
    Location
    Ottawa
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Guru

    Default Re: Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

    Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Actually, both of them were missing from at least one list. Besides the top six, DiPietro and Oettinger were the other two found from all nine lists.

    But just to clarify, everyone ranked 30 goalies, not 60. The end result was a top 60 list because that's how many guys got votes in the top 30 lists.
    I missed that distinction, top-30 makes more sense. Although it still blows my mind a tiny bit that Husso or Ullmark aren't considered top 30 prospects. Especially Ullmark, who has a firm back up role and is putting up very respectable numbers in Buffalo. So somebody has Miroslav Svoboda or Kirill Ustimenko over Husso/Ullmark? That's Craig Button crazy, in my mind, lol.

    Love the list though; it's a million times more relevant to me than Dobber's top 100 - which puts way too much focus on wait time.

    There is a giant hole in fantasy land when it comes to prospect goaltenders - so it's great that you guys put this together. I hope you update it from time to time. And this work would be even more interesting if you had each writer do a little write up on some of these goalies. I'd love to hear some insight on Svoboda or Ustimenko or some of those other dark horses...

  15. #15
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Top 60 Fantasy Hockey Prospect Goalies

    Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I missed that distinction, top-30 makes more sense. Although it still blows my mind a tiny bit that Husso or Ullmark aren't considered top 30 prospects. Especially Ullmark, who has a firm back up role and is putting up very respectable numbers in Buffalo. So somebody has Miroslav Svoboda or Kirill Ustimenko over Husso/Ullmark? That's Craig Button crazy, in my mind, lol.

    Love the list though; it's a million times more relevant to me than Dobber's top 100 - which puts way too much focus on wait time.

    There is a giant hole in fantasy land when it comes to prospect goaltenders - so it's great that you guys put this together. I hope you update it from time to time. And this work would be even more interesting if you had each writer do a little write up on some of these goalies. I'd love to hear some insight on Svoboda or Ustimenko or some of those other dark horses...
    I have noticed that hole as well which is exactly why I wanted to organize this. People seem to be liking it, so I'm sure we'll do it again later this season.

    Good idea about adding some write-ups. I don't really want to have 60 write-ups there but maybe for some dark horses as you mentioned. I'll keep that in mind!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •