Thread: Kopitar - So Frustrated!

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Kopitar - So Frustrated!

So frustrating this year, he's my 1 year keeper and that whole team has been a tire fire. To make matters worse, last game I started Allen against Chicago, and benched Crawford, and Crawford shut out St Louis. I turn around tonight and play Crawford, Kopitar no regulation points, and -1 and gets a shootout goal, basically ruining my goalie's shot at a win and 5 points. So no regulation or overtime points, and spoils my goalie stats lol. I at least got 2 pts for an overtime or shootout loss, but still! And St Louis couldn't score against Chicago, and suddenly tonight put up 4 lol

I just can't win, and I could have played Allen tonight and played Crawford instead.

I'm mostly frustrated with the fact I don't have anyone to play in Kopitar's place, unless you consider Carter and upgrade but he's off the same team lol.

I finally got Pavelski into my lineup last night (after using him sparingly since getting him in trade), and with having Boeser out makes it easier to play Pav based on rest of my roster, but my centre slots are hurting. I even expect a bit better out of Barky, he's having a good year but last night against CBJ was discouraging, I guess he wasn't -6 like Huberdeau though

Kopitar is stuck on 6 pts in 17 games, and 37 shots (2.18/game). With his shooting % dropping off this year, along with his assists, not promising for his overall numbers as the games go on like this.

I guess if I had kept Patches and moved Kopitar, I wouldn't be sitting any better with that 1 year slot, and even another guy that would have fit there had I had room isn't doing great (Rakell).
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Kopitar - So Frustrated!

Yeah it's definitely frustrating. I kept him ahead of Backstrom last summer too, which makes it even worse. I'm trying to package him into a deal to upgrade somewhere else in my roster and hoping his name value still carries enough water to get something done.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ah yes, Fantasy Hockey!!! You pretty much have to be a masochist and thrive on the pain year after year to do this. But every now and then things go right. Keep Smilin' all you masochists out there (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Master

welcome to fantasy sports

Dobber Sports Stud

We aren't even 25% into the season.... I'm holding on and not worried

Dobber Sports Initiate

He’s in ultimate sell low/buy low territory - especially after the rollercoaster past two seasons. He’s not a 90 pt guy - last year was a correction on his dismal showing the prior year.

I’d be happy with 65-70 pts this year.

You have to hold and wait until he heats up to offload him

Dobber Sports Pro

65-70 is unlikely for this year, last time he started bad he finished with 52 pts in 76 games.

What is different in LA this year, sure Quick is hurt and they've had a coaching change, and it's a pretty old team, but they had Kopitar, Kovalchuk, Doughty, Carter, Toffoli, Quick going into this year, not a bad place to start..
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Stud

Many other teams in LA's boat. Carolina has cooled right off; Anaheim stinks, Pittsburgh/St. Louis are struggling. LA isn't this bad (they may be bad but there's worse) and when I look at kovalchuck and Carter's numbers so far, although not great, if Kopitar had points like those 2 no one would care. Kopitar will be better than them and they have had all the luck while he has had none.

In fantasy hockey I've been burned many times and now realize it's all about what is ahead; forget the points already in the bank. He is the#1 guy in LA way no matter how bad they are, he will get his opportunities and ultimately, points. Don't drop him/trade him for since hot start player that's isn't likely to keep it up. As soon as you do, Kopitar will bounce back. Murphy's law.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    Many other teams in LA's boat. Carolina has cooled right off; Anaheim stinks, Pittsburgh/St. Louis are struggling. LA isn't this bad (they may be bad but there's worse) and when I look at kovalchuck and Carter's numbers so far, although not great, if Kopitar had points like those 2 no one would care. Kopitar will be better than them and they have had all the luck while he has had none.

In fantasy hockey I've been burned many times and now realize it's all about what is ahead; forget the points already in the bank. He is the#1 guy in LA way no matter how bad they are, he will get his opportunities and ultimately, points. Don't drop him/trade him for since hot start player that's isn't likely to keep it up. As soon as you do, Kopitar will bounce back. Murphy's law.
    Yeah, but the difference being those teams actually have good scoring totals haha. Kovalchuk is the top scorer on LA with 14 in 18 at age 35 after an extended time in the KHL.

And you're right, things tend to equalize over time, as long as you're realistic too. And I definitely wouldn't get anything for him in trade, and I'm not able to drop him as he's under contract through this year (my 1 year), so we have buyout fees ($$) and you don't see guys get bought out in season, it's the off-season that happens if they still have term. If it's your 1 year guy, I think you just have to bite the bullet and hang on, and we're almost 20 games in so paying 50$ to get him off of my roster makes no sense. I don't even know for sure about in season buyouts and when/if they're allowed. But yeah, I've considered Murphy's Law for sure which is why I've continued to start him, but that's also because I don't have someone else to play over him on current roster, or on waiver wire lol.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Initiate

LA isn’t as bad as they’ve been playing, so there is hope it turns around. I think it was pretty damning to hear that they’re not trying hard enough from the players mouths.

Kopitar is the top player on that team so there’s no question in my mind that he turns it on a bit. He is a notorious slow starter and hot finisher if you remember and in his 52 pt season everyone was waiting for this hot finish all year - it just never materialized that year... but then he had the hot year last season.

I, like you, are hoping he starts finding the back of the net

Dobber Sports Stud

Tonight... So far so good.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    Tonight... So far so good.
    I saw that, lost but at least he got going a little. Just needs a little streak, or multi-pt games and he'll be back on track.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax