Thread: D. Hamilton dropped

Dobber Sports Sage

Default D. Hamilton dropped

League in Sig and I don't feel like Hamilton should be a free agent in my league, or many.

I have the 14/16 waiver priority and thinking of putting the claim in and benching him until we see some life (has to be coming) or Toronto possibly trades Nylander for a Carolina d man as has been rumored (I know still not likely to actually happen but worth the gamble?).

I don't see Tatar getting in my line up anytime soon and Guentzel may just get prime deployment if Crosby is out. My drop would have to be between those two I think. Thoughts?
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: D. Hamilton dropped

I would grab him over either of Guentzel or Tatar.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Weekly rostering - I would drop Domingue, only start one G so having a random 3rd goalie as a backup doesn't help as much as having the D man. You have 2 starters and as long as both not injured at same Time, you will be okay.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Weekly rostering - I would drop Domingue, only start one G so having a random 3rd goalie as a backup doesn't help as much as having the D man. You have 2 starters and as long as both not injured at same Time, you will be okay.
    I agree with this. There's a multitude of back up goalies I'd rather own. Domingue just won't get starts. Vasil's a horse
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I agree with this. There's a multitude of back up goalies I'd rather own. Domingue just won't get starts. Vasil's a horse
    scratch this... with Vasil out (how'd i miss that?) Domingue's got high end - short term value. I'd go Tatar or Guentzel as well.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    So how quickly things change. I added Domingue this morning after hearing Vas is out with a broken foot. Lightning play 4 games next week with no BTB so I'd like to hold Dom until Monday's first game start so that I can start him next week. Luongo was my replacement for next week up until this morning as I feel like Talbot could get just one start next week and he hasn't been playing well. I'm a believer he pulls through and figures it out but it could take a few weeks imo. So my roster has changed since EB responded and the change was a drop this morning - Tatar for Domingue.

All that said, you are absolutely right. I normally carry 1 goalie in this league and have all season. Koskinen has been screwing with Talbots starts and Oilers play 3 games next week with a BTB so I could see either Talbot or Koskinen getting 2 starts. Talbot just doesn't make sense to start next week at this stage. I almost always take this league week to week and try to give myself the best possible chance to win each week, even if I have to cut a decent player based on man games or matchups. With Crosby out for possibly a week (or more who knows?) Guentzel is slated on PP1 to take his place and in the top 6. I don't think he's droppable right now.

That leaves one of the three goalies and I can see arguments to drop any of the 3 goalies on my roster. Chances are they'll be available next week and I could pick them back up (Except Domingue, I think someone will snag him with Vas out as Tampa is still a top team and in my league all that really matters is wins, I don't think anyone will jump to grab Talbot or Luongo).

So now I have to decide which goalie to cut to grab Hamilton and the deadline is midnight tonight. No guarantee I get him as my waiver priority is 14 out of 16 but I could see him falling to me. GM's are historically chincy with their claims in this league.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):