Thread: Koskinen value

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Koskinen value

I’m looking to trade Koskinen and I’m not sure about his value. What are you think about Koskinen vs Josh Norris in a muti cats league.
    Thanks have a nice day

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Koskinen value

Quote Originally Posted by marco9999 View Post
    I’m looking to trade Koskinen and I’m not sure about his value. What are you think about Koskinen vs Josh Norris in a muti cats league.
    Thanks have a nice day
    Need much more information here. Player value depends heavily on the number of teams, players rostered, categories as well as your existing lineup. How much value to rookies have and what are your farm details? I can't even guess as to how to compare a goalie vs a prospect here without way more into.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Need much more information here. Player value depends heavily on the number of teams, players rostered, categories as well as your existing lineup. How much value to rookies have and what are your farm details? I can't even guess as to how to compare a goalie vs a prospect here without way more into.
    I'll echo this, more info the better.

That said unless you're in a really deep league I only see koskinen having value to the Talbot owner for the handcuff at this stage. His value should be quite minimal even though he's played fairly well. He's going to be a free agent in a ton of leagues.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Rookie

It’s a head-to-head, cats are : goal, assist, points, SOG, hits, block shot, FOW for skaters. And for goalies : Wins, saves, %save, GAA.
    Roster are : 3C 3RW 3LW 6D 2G(max), 7 bench,
    20 prospects

Dobber Sports Superstar

Full keeper? Need to know how many teams as well to understand how many players are rostered in the league so that we can define a replacement level player.

Dobber Sports Rookie

We are 16 teams and yes full keeper with 2 draft picks by year

Dobber Sports Superstar

16 teams and 2 goalies max per team means starting goalies are probably pretty valuable. Who is your other goalie?

9F vs 6D also means D are more valuable than F. To me Josh Norris isn't enough of a return given Koskinen has outperformed Talbot by quite a bit so far.

I'd wait to see how it shakes out. If he takes over the starter role, he'll be way more valuable. If it remains kind of 1A/1B, you can probably still get Norris.

Dobber Sports Jedi

This is a bad time to trade Koskinen. A real bad time. His role isn't fully defined. You could (and most likely are) trading away Edm's starting goalie for the ROS. if you do this in a 16 team league for Norris... come Feb. you will be regretting this massively. Selling peanuts on the dollar...

I'm holding and holding... and holding.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by marco9999 View Post
    We are 16 teams and yes full keeper with 2 draft picks by year

The full league info changes my answer as Koskinen should have some value in your league. I think I'd just hold him rather than dealing him for Norris. He's not tempting enough given that Koskinen could end up sharing or even taking Talbots spot. I think Talbot battles out of this but Koskinen is sure pushing him so who knows how it plays out. If somehow Koskinen steals the spot his value would be much higher than Norris in this setup. Probably worth waiting.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Rookie

My goalies are Fleury and Vasilevskiy with his recent injury I’ll keep Koskinen for sure

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks to everyone who responded