Thread: Thoughts on Zibanejad for rest of year

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Thoughts on Zibanejad for rest of year

Currently have him in one of my leagues. Is he the real deal or is this just early on and a hot streak he’s on which will eventually cool off?

...asking because I’ve sort of handicapped my team as I’m carrying 5 centres with only 3 starting spots. I don’t want to drop him since he has value atm and is a top20 player.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Thoughts on Zibanejad for rest of year

I'm expecting 60-65 point pace the rest of the way. He's the guy in NY and someone has to score. Last couple season he started super strong then the got injured and petered out after coming back. I think he figures it out this season and puts up 60-65 with upside of 70ish. I added him from free agency as soon as I started to see his usage numbers. There's a lot of guys I'd drop before him (points only leagues)
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I'm expecting 60-65 point pace the rest of the way. He's the guy in NY and someone has to score. Last couple season he started super strong then the got injured and petered out after coming back. I think he figures it out this season and puts up 60-65 with upside of 70ish. I added him from free agency as soon as I started to see his usage numbers. There's a lot of guys I'd drop before him (points only leagues)
    So he’s gonna be pretty effective I take it.

...what are your thoughts if I trade him for Parise? Similar sort of production and I get some positional relief...at least I think :$

Dobber Sports Veteran

He's shooting the puck a ton more this season, and his S% is still below his career average. I don't think his shot volume continues at quite this pace, but I'd still put him as a threat to hit 30 goals for the first time in his career. The Rangers are finally riding that top line the way they should be, and with an average of 2 minutes a night more than last year he should cruise to a career year.

Now let's just hope he doesn't get another one of his annual fluke injuries.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Padawan

if he's healthy i'm projecting 62 points

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks13 View Post

...what are your thoughts if I trade him for Parise? Similar sort of production and I get some positional relief...at least I think :$
    I personally have avoided Parise for years. This year he's finally proving me wrong. But I'm still not buying. Ive had the same back surgery as he has and you're just not the same athletically from my experience anyway (of course he has access to way better people than me so who knows).

Zibby > Parise imo but I could be wrong this season...
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks13 View Post

I own both, Parise will at some point get hurt. If I had to give up one, I would keep Zibs.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall