Thread: Fair offer for 2019 1st pick (Hughes) in points only Dynasty league...

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Fair offer for 2019 1st pick (Hughes) in points only Dynasty league...

I assume that my target GM will finish last and want to trade for his 1st overall 2019 pick. I'm thinking about offering my 1st (probably 3rd to 5ft overall) and Johnny Gaudreau (or Eichel) for Nylander and his 1st overall. Am I insane or am I dreaming? And what if he doesn't finish last? Thanks.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Fair offer for 2019 1st pick (Hughes) in points only Dynasty league...

Quote Originally Posted by wolffish View Post
    And what if he doesn't finish last?
    this

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Fair offer for 2019 1st pick (Hughes) in points only Dynasty league...

Ya, I don't like it. Potential pick and player downgrade? Not worth the risk.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by wolffish View Post
    I assume that my target GM will finish last and want to trade for his 1st overall 2019 pick. I'm thinking about offering my 1st (probably 3rd to 5ft overall) and Johnny Gaudreau (or Eichel) for Nylander and his 1st overall. Am I insane or am I dreaming? And what if he doesn't finish last? Thanks.
    No. No. No and No. There are 100 ways this can backfire on you and even if it does work out and you land the 1st pick, it's still a lateral move at best.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

I am a similar boat where I'm getting draisaitl and a high first 1-2 for schiefle and not sure what to do

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Slickricks View Post
    I am a similar boat where I'm getting draisaitl and a high first 1-2 for schiefle and not sure what to do
    Make your own thread to ask the question first of all.

I consider Draisaitl and Scheifele very close. Can you be more specific on the high 1-2? Does that mean the 2nd overall pick? I would take that in a heartbeat. If it's later, it depends more on the league structure.

That's my bad didbt mean to truly ask the question. But for the op I believe that it's a fall off in players that the picks in your situation would make this a bad trade for you

Dobber Sports Veteran

This is something if you were to consider (which I personally wouldn't) you should wait till later in the season when you'll have a better idea of what that pick is actually going to be. Wouldn't it suck if you make that move, and all of a sudden Johnny Hockey carries him into the top 3 or 4 and the pick he gets from you is now the higher of the two?
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thank you all. This is why I like this forum ;-)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Slickricks View Post
    That's my bad didbt mean to truly ask the question. But for the op I believe that it's a fall off in players that the picks in your situation would make this a bad trade for you
    No problem. It doesn't bother me (and I see how it may have come off that way) but others likely won't come across your question while with a new thread, more people will see it and you'll get more responses.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

This is a terrible idea. You think you are going to pick 3rd-5th, and that he'll pick 1st. You are totally unsure about that this early. You could just swap your pick for his, which could backfire, but.... you try to make the deal WORSE.

You take his Nylander (who is not playing) and want to upgrade that to Gaudreau or Eichel who are playing. So you will make his team stronger, make yours weaker, and swap picks. That makes it more likely he will get the first overall pick, with the pick you used to own.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.