Thread: Trading Malkin, Byfuglien

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Trading Malkin, Byfuglien

What do you think the return on trading away Malkin and Buff should be right now? League in sig. I have a contending, aging team. I feel that Malkin's value has never been higher. He played a full season last year and produced among the league's best. He's gotten off to a great start and has gotten lucky with a bunch of secondary assists. Buff is having a nice start too but I feel he only has one or two more truly productive years left. What should I be aiming for? I don't want to jeopardize the current season because again, I'm among the best in my league. Three good players capable of greatness? Four? A couple young studs? I've always been hesitant to deal any player from my core, but it seems like now is the time.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Trading Malkin, Byfuglien

Honestly it all depends on the return. Most GMs don't value the aging stars fairly so even though I agree Malkin should be valued as high as he has in years it's really tough to actually get someone to pay for it. No harm putting them on the block and fielding offers.

How many players you get back for Malkin of course depends on the caliber of the players. Without names it's hard to give a good idea of how many you can expect in return. Personally Id want quality over quantity. I'm thinking Eichel level or up for Malkin and maybe an up and coming but not yet emerged d man to replace Buff plus some smaller pieces. I'd start with letting the other GMs know they're available and go from there. See what people are first willing to pay.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):