Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell Saga

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Le'Veon Bell Saga

Ok....now I can finally admit I'm truly lost for words. This story has taken about 8 turns over the past three days....but now.....

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
    52m52 minutes ago
    More
    Steelers’ running back Le'Veon Bell is unlikely to report to the team by Tuesday's deadline, which would make him ineligible to play the rest of this season, multiple league sources tell ESPN.
    This is a day and a half after Bell was spotted in Pittsburgh and tweeted "I think it's safe to say it's time to pass the sticks". Not to mention now Conner is in concussion protocol.

Like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Le'Veon Bell Saga

He doesn’t have to play this year. This offseason he will be an FA at a QB tag.

Dobber Sports Veteran

As a Steelers fan, I hope he doesn't show up this year. The chemistry the offense has right now is great, and quite frankly they're playing better without him.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

The obvious counter is expecting Conner to hold up with this workload for 9 more games with no real backup plan is dicey.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think everyone gets caught up on who's actually running the football, instead of who's opening the holes for the runner. This Oline has been underrated for years. I mean, you can go back to Le'veon's last suspension when DeAngelo Williams was their backup, and after the 4 weeks he was leading the league in rushing. When Bell came back, he sat on the bench and at the end of the year he retired.

I think they'll be fine with the RBs they have on their current roster, even if James Connor goes down for a couple weeks.
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

Dobber Sports Immortal

The twists and turns have been fascinating.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Or frustrating, however you want to spin it In all honesty, I'm just kind of tired of hearing about him.

The funny part about the whole situation is, he's losing around a mill a week but the whole reason he's sitting out is because he wanted the guaranteed money. He's now guaranteed to be out 9 million so far, and if he doesn't report by Tuesday, that total jumps to close to 15 Mill. Even if someone is willing to pay him when he wants in free agency, chances are he will either break even or possibly even make less in the grand scheme of things, had he of just played this year under the tag and then signed elsewhere next year.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Or frustrating, however you want to spin it In all honesty, I'm just kind of tired of hearing about him.

The funny part about the whole situation is, he's losing around a mill a week but the whole reason he's sitting out is because he wanted the guaranteed money. He's now guaranteed to be out 9 million so far, and if he doesn't report by Tuesday, that total jumps to close to 15 Mill. Even if someone is willing to pay him when he wants in free agency, chances are he will either break even or possibly even make less in the grand scheme of things, had he of just played this year under the tag and then signed elsewhere next year.
    Ohhhhhhhhh ya I totally agree. This won't end well for him. He was injury prone when he had full camps and played games. Now it seems like he will miss this year.....so whoever gets him gets a ticking timebomb.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhh ya I totally agree. This won't end well for him. He was injury prone when he had full camps and played games. Now it seems like he will miss this year.....so whoever gets him gets a ticking timebomb.
    I can see all the soft tissue injuries in 2019 OTAs. We need an over/under on number of days into camp before he blows a hammy.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I can see all the soft tissue injuries in 2019 OTAs. We need an over/under on number of days into camp before he blows a hammy.
    Exactly. And he probably goes to someone garbage like the Raiders so it'll just be even more of a disaster.

Exactly. And he probably goes to someone garbage like the Raiders so it'll just be even more of a disaster.
    Well as an owner, I was praying for Indy. But thanks, crush my dreams.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Well as an owner, I was praying for Indy. But thanks, crush my dreams.
    Haha I just mean clearly he's after the money so it'll be someone desperate who will likely overpay. Not sure Indy will when they have Luck.

Haha I just mean clearly he's after the money so it'll be someone desperate who will likely overpay. Not sure Indy will when they have Luck.
    Good point, actually. Bell needs a lofty contract that will guarantee him the money he was guaranteed to make in 2018-19. LOL
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

Houston Texans is prolly the best situation for him. Lots of cap space, great offense, and their current RB is Lamar Miller...
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

I doubt it. Those usually happen because players come in cold and have to be at game speed within a week. As long as Bell enters camp right from the start, he'll be at the same place and speed as everyone else in camp.

I highly highly doubt he will go to Indy. If you listen to Ballard talk, that isn't the type of move he makes.