Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Le'Veon Bell Saga

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Le'Veon Bell Saga

Less than an hour till the deadline, anyone think he shows up?
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Less than an hour till the deadline, anyone think he shows up?
    Nothing would have surprised me.....but alas.....it's finally over. Now let's see Conner work his magic and lead the Steelers to the AFC Championship game vs KC.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I heard the debate about whether he is the biggest fantasy bust in NFL history, but the CBS guys made a good point. It's not like he played and was a dud for a few weeks and then out for the year. Or even like David Johnson last year, first game and done. At least this year you could fill in his spot with someone potentially reliable.

So biggest bust.....no

So biggest drama queen.....yesssssssssssssssssssss.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Houston Texans is prolly the best situation for him. Lots of cap space, great offense, and their current RB is Lamar Miller...
    I'd prefer the Texans over the Raiders, but if any team would overpay to put asses in the seats of their Vegas stadium it would be Gruden & Co. Jets maybe?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I'd prefer the Texans over the Raiders, but if any team would overpay to put asses in the seats of their Vegas stadium it would be Gruden & Co. Jets maybe?
    If Gruden gets an O-line in the draft/FA, I'd be happy to have Bell in Oakland/LV. Bell I think needs a strong O-line to create holes, but doesn't need them to create that push forward. Pretty unique style, so it'll be interesting wherever he goes. Is he a really good system RB, or flat out elite? Connor is showing it very well could be systematic production.

Imagine if a team like Dallas signed him and promised he'd be used as a slot WR with touches in the backfield too. Just an example, but a team try and get him in a very unique, different, position. "Hey we have Fournette, but, you'll be our lead WR, and we'll have you run RB packages with you and Fournette with him blocking you whenever you run. Bell, how do you like running options? We'll line you up with Fournette, like a wildcat, but we'll even give you the option to throw."

Very video game like, but I wonder how an athlete like Le'Veon could learn to be a QB-ish type of elite gadget type player. Pay him a ton and test it out?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If Gruden gets an O-line in the draft/FA, I'd be happy to have Bell in Oakland/LV. Bell I think needs a strong O-line to create holes, but doesn't need them to create that push forward. Pretty unique style, so it'll be interesting wherever he goes. Is he a really good system RB, or flat out elite? Connor is showing it very well could be systematic production.

Imagine if a team like Dallas signed him and promised he'd be used as a slot WR with touches in the backfield too. Just an example, but a team try and get him in a very unique, different, position. "Hey we have Fournette, but, you'll be our lead WR, and we'll have you run RB packages with you and Fournette with him blocking you whenever you run. Bell, how do you like running options? We'll line you up with Fournette, like a wildcat, but we'll even give you the option to throw."

Very video game like, but I wonder how an athlete like Le'Veon could learn to be a QB-ish type of elite gadget type player. Pay him a ton and test it out?
    I would love to see something like the Jaguar situation mentioned above. Think that would be super awesome.

Jaguars cut Bortlers, sign Tyrod and Bell.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

All RB production is system over talent. Malcolm Brown would do 90% (at least) of what Gurley is doing right now.

Dobber Sports Deity

Another guess has the Jets as the best option.

https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/bettin...veon-bell-2019

Bodog is offering a prop special for which NFL team Bell will be on for Week 1 of the 2019 campaign, with the New York Jets carrying the favorite label with a price of +285. The Oakland Raiders (+450), Philadelphia Eagles (+650), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+650) and Baltimore Ravens (+900) are next up on the list.

Bell, who’s been away from the Steelers all season due to a major contract dispute, declined to sign his one-year, $14.5 million franchise tender with the Steelers by Tuesday’s deadline. The 26-year-old is now ineligible to suit up for Pittsburgh or anyone else this year. Almost 11 months ago, Bell said he would consider sitting out the season if the team kept him from free agency in the form of a second franchise tag – a threat he’s since followed through on.

With Bell set to hit the open market, he’ll become one of the biggest free agents we’ve seen in the league in quite some time. He’s expected to have no shortage of suitors due to the many running back-needy teams around the NFL. The Michigan State product has decided to bet on himself going forward, and it’s believed he’s looking to become the highest-paid running back in the league, which would have to eclipse Todd Gurley’s recent four-year, $57.5 million deal with $45 million guaranteed.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

The Raiders supposedly didn't have the cash to sign Mack, no way they sign Bell. I don't know if his running style fits the Eagles, he doesn't have that slash and dash. Le'veon is unique, gotta see which teams run Duo as much as the Steelers do.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/11...s-shoes-cleats

His teammates went through his locker after he missed the deadline...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Or frustrating, however you want to spin it In all honesty, I'm just kind of tired of hearing about him.

The funny part about the whole situation is, he's losing around a mill a week but the whole reason he's sitting out is because he wanted the guaranteed money. He's now guaranteed to be out 9 million so far, and if he doesn't report by Tuesday, that total jumps to close to 15 Mill. Even if someone is willing to pay him when he wants in free agency, chances are he will either break even or possibly even make less in the grand scheme of things, had he of just played this year under the tag and then signed elsewhere next year.
    Well, making less is exactly what happened. What a complete moron. I'm not sure who's worse, him or his agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Another guess has the Jets as the best option.

https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/bettin...veon-bell-2019
    Hope you had some money on that Axe.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Meh. I was hoping the Colts would get him. Jets just bore me.