Thread: Should I trade Benn for Trocheck?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Should I trade Benn for Trocheck?

...hear me out, it’s not as simple/crazy as it sounds!

In a multi cat league. Last season Trocheck had 540 pool points and was a top15 player in the league while Benn had 510. I have an excess of wingers which is forcing me to sit out 1 or 2 of them when most my team plays on the same day. I also only have the minimum required centres / no extras or subs.

I don’t think I’m knee jerk reacting with Benn’s cold streak as over the course of the yr they both should be more or less the same in our league format. Does it make sense for me to do this positional trade so I’m not letting other wingers rot on the bench or should I not give up the better name in Benn? And do you think Trocheck is capable of replicating his points productions from a season ago and what about Benn- will his production dip or can he up it to ppg this campaign.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Should I trade Benn for Trocheck?

Is there any centres on your waiver wire that you could drop a worse winger for?

Our league must have similar scoring as Troch finished 14th in our league last year. I did pre-season research on him since I really wanted him on my team. I found that his increase in points last year over previous years was almost all attributed to a big increase in PP time and PPP as a result. Adding Hoffman to the mix this year doesn't hurt either. He's a multi cat beast.
    I'm in the same boat with you, currently trying to assess Benn's worth. I asked about it in another thread and got a response saying Radulov drives that line so to wait until at least Radulov is back to see if Benn picks it up. It feels right now that Benn's production is going to dip though. He and Seguin have also been on different lines too.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by razarr View Post
    Is there any centres on your waiver wire that you could drop a worse winger for?

Our league must have similar scoring as Troch finished 14th in our league last year. I did pre-season research on him since I really wanted him on my team. I found that his increase in points last year over previous years was almost all attributed to a big increase in PP time and PPP as a result. Adding Hoffman to the mix this year doesn't hurt either. He's a multi cat beast.
    I'm in the same boat with you, currently trying to assess Benn's worth. I asked about it in another thread and got a response saying Radulov drives that line so to wait until at least Radulov is back to see if Benn picks it up. It feels right now that Benn's production is going to dip though. He and Seguin have also been on different lines too.
    Unfortunately no. And I don’t want to just drop a valuable winger who will be picked up instantly. But at the same time I don’t want to drag this situation out and have so many good wingers just sitting on the bench going to waste.

And yea I feel the same way. Trocheck seems to be getting all the opportunity in Florida and they have so many good wingers that it doesn’t matter who’s with him or Barkov. Benn seems to have lost a step as evident with Radulov out his numbers dropped almost simultaneously. I mean don’t get me wrong he’s one of the leagues best but in a multi cat league, I think I might just pull the trigger. I don’t believe Trocheck is a one hit wonder and like you said he should continue to see lots of ice and chances out there...but at the same time don’t want Benn biting me on the back side lol. Still somewhat uncertain so would appreciate more responses.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I’ve been comparing troch to Benn for a year now... your getting Benn light - so if your getting troch, I’m asking for a plus coming with. He’s still the #2c at 5x5.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I’ve been comparing troch to Benn for a year now... your getting Benn light - so if your getting troch, I’m asking for a plus coming with. He’s still the #2c at 5x5.
    I agree completely. Trochek is a number 2 center. Fantastic player, stuffs categories, but a number 2 center nonetheless. He is not going to supplant Barkov. For that reason you should get a plus coming back.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    I agree completely. Trochek is a number 2 center. Fantastic player, stuffs categories, but a number 2 center nonetheless. He is not going to supplant Barkov. For that reason you should get a plus coming back.
    This. Both are fantastic multi cat assets but I would also want more coming my way.