Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Keller is a beast!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Keller is a beast!

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    Lol, I'm not ripping on anyone. I'm just saying your posts come across critical sometimes. Some managers don't find it easy to always be in the middle, we're not talking about a grinder here we're talking about a stud keeper.
    please read what i wrote.... I never said you WERE ripping on me... I just told you to feel free to begin to do so.

Ten days ago.. pretty much unanimously - those that responded - told you to calm down on BOTH Keller and Boeser. Today, there's a post pumping Keller's tires about how amazing he is (mind you, he's on a 69pt pace compared to his last years 65pt output... so temper).

All I did was point out - what you were told 10 days ago... now i'm pointing out - that you shouldn't go too far in the other direction. Otherwise, you're going to find yourself disappointed again when he cools off and hits another skid.

If you're convinced he's a stud keeper - then you should be convinced that regardless of slow starts or slumps he will pull out and get his points by the end of the year. Not every 3 game point streak or drought needs its own thread though
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    please read what i wrote.... I never said you WERE ripping on me... I just told you to feel free to begin to do so.

Ten days ago.. pretty much unanimously - those that responded - told you to calm down on BOTH Keller and Boeser. Today, there's a post pumping Keller's tires about how amazing he is (mind you, he's on a 69pt pace compared to his last years 65pt output... so temper).

All I did was point out - what you were told 10 days ago... now i'm pointing out - that you shouldn't go too far in the other direction. Otherwise, you're going to find yourself disappointed again when he cools off and hits another skid.

If you're convinced he's a stud keeper - then you should be convinced that regardless of slow starts or slumps he will pull out and get his points by the end of the year. Not every 3 game point streak or drought needs its own thread though
    He's on a 64 pt pace, but I get what you're saying. I'm not looking to rip on anyone man, it's one thing to joke around but I guess it depends how you mean ripping on lol. True, I guess just need to try and keep an even keel, even though it's hard in fantasy hockey lol.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm trying to sell high on Domi to get him.. pray for me
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Pro

Shout out to lucafen, Keller has hit another quiet stretch, but he'll come out of it eventually. Just have to keep things in perspective! Ride the waves!
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Wizard

A very gentle beast so far this season.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    A very gentle beast so far this season.
    Gentle indeed, traded for him when the Coyotes had that slow start to the season, but my patience is starting to wear thin
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Sage

A beast on pace for 52 points. I have no doubt he'll eventually get to a higher level in the NHL but this is exactly why it's important not to buy into all of the shiny new objects, most of them disappoint for the first few years or they have a surprisingly good year mixed in and regress (a good chunk completely bomb all together). I use the word dissapoint based on most people's expectations, if you had reasonable expectations then you can't be all that disappointed as he should have safely projected somewhere between 55-70 which he's very close to the low end of that. This is life for most 18-22 year olds.

All that said I'm going to look to make an offer for him this season only as there's no chance he's a keeper. I'm thinking zibby but I'm hesitant.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Rookie

Keller looked real good last night. 3 goals , 2 assists in the last week. Maybe this is the start of a hot streak. I wouldnÂ’t exactly call him a beast just yet. He was more like a sweet little puppy dog up until a few games ago lol

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BoeserHKY6 View Post
    Keller looked real good last night. 3 goals , 2 assists in the last week. Maybe this is the start of a hot streak. I wouldnÂ’t exactly call him a beast just yet. He was more like a sweet little puppy dog up until a few games ago lol
    He can definitely activate beast mode any time though, just makes me excited to own him for 4 years after this one

With MacKinnon, I drafted him as a rookie and signed him to 4 after that rookie season. He struggled when he was my 3 and 2 year keeper, so I moved him on as I was competing for the title, and I got into the money. He then went off the next year, so I was happy to see him do well but bummed the timing was just off. In the case of Keller, this is his 2nd full season, and I got him in a trade so I can sign him to 4 after he's played 2 seasons, so I like that given he should get to that 70-80+ threshold while I have him (asap preferably).
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax