Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sprong for Puljujarvi

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Sprong for Puljujarvi

i just need Pulj to be moved now..anywhere..
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    I said has been put - as in, in the past, ideal situations. I agree, currently he's not being given opportunities, but you can't deny that he's been strapped on a line with McJesus at various points over the past couple seasons.

I think most guys would rather play along side Strome than the likes of Riley Sheahan.

Btw, Sprong is Averaging a whopping 8 1/2 minutes a night, in comparison.
    You can't put him there for a game or two, yank him off, and call that an opportunity. A true opportunity is putting him there and letting chemistry evolve instead of assuming it will happen in a few shifts. Our definition of opportunity differs I guess.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Puljujarvi has never been given a real opportunity with McDavid. That sentiment is simply false. He's barely even been given an opportunity with Draisaitl.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sprong's apparent problem is that he doesn't play well enough in his own end. There is always the strange chemistry required to play with Crosby as well. What is Puljujarvi's problem? It seems Pulj hasn't had the success in the AHL either, where Sprong was very strong last season.

Dobber Sports Stud

I've seen a few people put this argument, and it's quite honestly, baffling.....And yes....this is coming from a Puljjarvi owner. I want to see the guy thrive as much as anyone.

But I'm hearing "he hasn't been given time with McDavid" over, and over again.....Here's the problem....If the ONLY way he's going to succeed is by playing with the best player on Earth, then that alone should tell you that maybe he's not as good as everyone thought. Heck, maybe he's not as good as I pegged him to be.

If his success, or failures are predicated on playing with one guy or not - then let's rethink the type of player he is. Convesely, he's still a young time to learn to thrive. But, in sports, where everything is "win now" his chances aren't necessarily infinite.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Chico Resch View Post
    I've seen a few people put this argument, and it's quite honestly, baffling.....And yes....this is coming from a Puljjarvi owner. I want to see the guy thrive as much as anyone.

But I'm hearing "he hasn't been given time with McDavid" over, and over again.....Here's the problem....If the ONLY way he's going to succeed is by playing with the best player on Earth, then that alone should tell you that maybe he's not as good as everyone thought. Heck, maybe he's not as good as I pegged him to be.

If his success, or failures are predicated on playing with one guy or not - then let's rethink the type of player he is. Convesely, he's still a young time to learn to thrive. But, in sports, where everything is "win now" his chances aren't necessarily infinite.
    I'm not suggesting that the only way he'll be successful is by playing with McDavid. I'm suggesting that until he gets more than 11-12 minutes per game, hes going to struggle. I dont care who he plays with but for the love of God, get the kid out there more.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Sprong's usage is totally related to PIT's record & his waiver status.

Team is 6th in the Met and having defensive issues. Also the window on competing with a Crosby-Malkin-Kessel core is not widening.

So breaking in an offense-only rookie into a veteran win-now-and-play-defense lineup is suboptimal. Sprong needs time to acclimate and is best suited for a top-6 role. Whereas PIT doesn't have the ideal roster spot there for him and need the bottom 6 types to help the win-loss record.

Plus they can't send him down to W-B as they'll be sure to lose him on waivers.

Lose-lose the whole way around for Sprong.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Kuznetsov Frost WKarlsson ---MBourque Rossi MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson
    LW: Caufield Hagel Nichushkin EKane---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brown Kakko---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan
    D : Theodore Seider Addison Klingberg Gostisbehere Fehervary---Edvinsson
    G : Talbot Korpisalo ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Chabot Hart Novak Andersen

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts, 1 2nd
    2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post
    Sprong's usage is totally related to PIT's record & his waiver status.

Team is 6th in the Met and having defensive issues. Also the window on competing with a Crosby-Malkin-Kessel core is not widening.

So breaking in an offense-only rookie into a veteran win-now-and-play-defense lineup is suboptimal. Sprong needs time to acclimate and is best suited for a top-6 role. Whereas PIT doesn't have the ideal roster spot there for him and need the bottom 6 types to help the win-loss record.

Plus they can't send him down to W-B as they'll be sure to lose him on waivers.

Lose-lose the whole way around for Sprong.
    Just goes to show how stupid it was toe keep him at the NHL level for 18 games when he was 18 years old. He would need a couple more years to be eligible for waivers if they had just sent him back to junior a bit quicker. The Penguins messed up and it's hurting them now.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chico Resch View Post

He doesn't have to play with McDavid, but young players usually need to play with good players early in their career to gain confidence and use their talents properly. Think of Rantanen with Mackinnon. The list of "good" forwards for Edmonton to play Pul with are McDavid and Draisaitl.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

And to think many thought CLB was crazy to reach past Pulj to PLD. Looking like a brilliant move now. Or the brilliant component is CLB’a development program.