Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Traded Chabot for Ghost. Regret is setting in.

  1. #16
    Rep Power
    5

    Dobber Sports Sophomore

    Default Re: Traded Chabot for Ghost. Regret is setting in.

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    right now I'd never give up ghost for chabot. things will settle out.
    Agreed...i drafted Ghost in the 3rd round of a re-draft lg and Chabot in the 14th...no chance i move Ghost for another dman except maybe 4 top end guys

  2. #17
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Grand Master

    Default Re: Traded Chabot for Ghost. Regret is setting in.

    I didn't say it was a bad trade guys, but it's a warning on him. Just wanted to make that clear.

    If they get PP time, I think he does fine. Don't "@" me that he's had 1PPP out of his last 4! I know.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G
    C: Stamkos (RW), Backstrom, Kadri, Petterson
    LW: Couture (C), Parise, Huberdeau
    RW: Marner (C), Tarasenko
    D: Karlsson, Dumba, Hamilton, Chabot, Barrie
    G: Andersen, Dubnyk, Raanta
    IR: Perry (RW)
    NA: Zadina (LW)

  3. #18
    hipcheck's Avatar
    hipcheck is online now
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    636
    Location
    Arkansas
    Rep Power
    15

    Dobber Sports Apprentice

    Default Re: Traded Chabot for Ghost. Regret is setting in.

    This year:
    GP16 G 3 A 6 P 9 SOG 42 PPP 5 PP_TOI 4:14 TOI 21:03

    Last year
    GP17 G 1 A 14 P 16 SOG 45 PPP 10 PP_TOI 3:16 TOI 20:01

    He scored 65 P last year with those numbers. His shot rate is holding solid and his TOI numbers are up, thats what matters the most. I wonder with 14 assist at that point last year what his 2nd assist mark was? Makes me wonder if early in the season I should scan the waiver wire for guys who are peaking up in 2nd asisst to find guys starting a hot streak????

    IIRC Philly has been a solid second half team the last few years as they push for payoffs in a must win mode. I would think that you would have the best of both worlds here: Got Chabot while he was super hot and will get a solid push from Ghost later in the season!
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

    Keepers in Bold:

    C: Scheifele, Eichel, Petterson
    LW: E. Kane, Skinner, Tkachuck
    RW: Kucherov, Laine, Stone
    D: Krug, Barrie, Risto, Hamilton

    G: Helly, Andersson, Raanta

    BN: Rakell, C Keller, Hoffman, Chabot

  4. #19
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Grand Master

    Default Re: Traded Chabot for Ghost. Regret is setting in.

    Quote Originally Posted by hipcheck View Post
    This year:
    GP16 G 3 A 6 P 9 SOG 42 PPP 5 PP_TOI 4:14 TOI 21:03

    Last year
    GP17 G 1 A 14 P 16 SOG 45 PPP 10 PP_TOI 3:16 TOI 20:01

    He scored 65 P last year with those numbers. His shot rate is holding solid and his TOI numbers are up, thats what matters the most. I wonder with 14 assist at that point last year what his 2nd assist mark was? Makes me wonder if early in the season I should scan the waiver wire for guys who are peaking up in 2nd asisst to find guys starting a hot streak????

    IIRC Philly has been a solid second half team the last few years as they push for payoffs in a must win mode. I would think that you would have the best of both worlds here: Got Chabot while he was super hot and will get a solid push from Ghost later in the season!
    His Defensive zone starts are up 10% from last yr. The extra time means nothing if he's been put in a defensive role to shelter the younger D.

    The fun thing with numbers are you can make them tell your story.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G
    C: Stamkos (RW), Backstrom, Kadri, Petterson
    LW: Couture (C), Parise, Huberdeau
    RW: Marner (C), Tarasenko
    D: Karlsson, Dumba, Hamilton, Chabot, Barrie
    G: Andersen, Dubnyk, Raanta
    IR: Perry (RW)
    NA: Zadina (LW)

  5. #20
    hipcheck's Avatar
    hipcheck is online now
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    636
    Location
    Arkansas
    Rep Power
    15

    Dobber Sports Apprentice

    Default Re: Traded Chabot for Ghost. Regret is setting in.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    His Defensive zone starts are up 10% from last yr. The extra time means nothing if he's been put in a defensive role to shelter the younger D.

    The fun thing with numbers are you can make them tell your story.
    No story to tell here, just a quick copy and paste job.

    For a player who scores 50-60% of their career points on the PP, I will take the extra minutes on the PP this year over last year. Maybe I am WAY to simple but getting 1 extra minute per game and getting 1 extra minute a game on the power play seems to be a wash. I really do not care about the extra DF starts here. He has never (nor most Philly guys) been a big 5v5 producer.


    The key thing I was posting was that his SOG and TOI numbers are there and the puck will make its way into the net soon enough for that PP unit.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

    Keepers in Bold:

    C: Scheifele, Eichel, Petterson
    LW: E. Kane, Skinner, Tkachuck
    RW: Kucherov, Laine, Stone
    D: Krug, Barrie, Risto, Hamilton

    G: Helly, Andersson, Raanta

    BN: Rakell, C Keller, Hoffman, Chabot

  6. #21
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Grand Master

    Default Re: Traded Chabot for Ghost. Regret is setting in.

    Quote Originally Posted by hipcheck View Post
    No story to tell here, just a quick copy and paste job.

    For a player who scores 50-60% of their career points on the PP, I will take the extra minutes on the PP this year over last year. Maybe I am WAY to simple but getting 1 extra minute per game and getting 1 extra minute a game on the power play seems to be a wash. I really do not care about the extra DF starts here. He has never (nor most Philly guys) been a big 5v5 producer.


    The key thing I was posting was that his SOG and TOI numbers are there and the puck will make its way into the net soon enough for that PP unit.
    Not disagreeing with you, I had numbers tell my story. If that team gets PP opportunities, he should do fine. I just don't know if that team gets the PP time, and the production out of Giroux/Voracek to sustain Gost's expected production.

    If they can keep up that PP, he'll be fine.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G
    C: Stamkos (RW), Backstrom, Kadri, Petterson
    LW: Couture (C), Parise, Huberdeau
    RW: Marner (C), Tarasenko
    D: Karlsson, Dumba, Hamilton, Chabot, Barrie
    G: Andersen, Dubnyk, Raanta
    IR: Perry (RW)
    NA: Zadina (LW)

  7. #22
    estarr31's Avatar
    estarr31 is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    104
    Location
    New York
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Prodigy

    Default Re: Traded Chabot for Ghost. Regret is setting in.

    I wish had Chabot this year to sell-high on. Don't over-react to short-term gains. There's a reason you traded him and it's not because of his current play but expected regression later this season. You banked a better player THIS year.
    12 team H2H Keep-6
    G/A/PPP/GWG/PIM/SOG/HIT/BLK
    W/TotalSaves/GAA/SHO
    3C/3LW/3RW/5Def/1UTIL/1G

    C: Crosby, J. Carter, A. Galchenyuk, N. Foligno
    LW: Marchand, R. Rakell, A. Lee,
    RW: Wheeler, Pastrnak, Palmieri, T. Meier
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, R. Pulock, O. Klefbom, J. Trouba, A. Larsson, N. Pionk.
    G: Ben Bishop, Corey Crawford
    IR:
    Kase



  8. #23
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Default Re: Traded Chabot for Ghost. Regret is setting in.

    Quote Originally Posted by estarr31 View Post
    I wish had Chabot this year to sell-high on. Don't over-react to short-term gains. There's a reason you traded him and it's not because of his current play but expected regression later this season. You banked a better player THIS year.
    Agree 100%

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •