Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The Journey: Goalie Prospects in the AHL

  1. #1
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default The Journey: Goalie Prospects in the AHL

    Ilya Samsonov, Carter Hart, Filip Gustavsson and Ville Husso are great prospect goalies currently playing in the AHL. I took a closer look at their past, present and future.

    >> The Journey: Goalie Prospects in the AHL



    @JokkeNevalainen on Twitter. Junior Associate Editor at DobberProspects. Writer of "The Journey" at DobberHockey.

    My latest articles:
    The Journey: Calder Trophy Race - November 2018
    The Journey: Goalie Prospects in the AHL

  2. #2
    Location
    Ottawa
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Master

    Default Re: The Journey: Goalie Prospects in the AHL

    Great article.

    One update you could include (if you so desire) is that Ottawa cut Condon...so Gusty's path to Ottawa is even easier...

  3. #3
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: The Journey: Goalie Prospects in the AHL

    Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Great article.

    One update you could include (if you so desire) is that Ottawa cut Condon...so Gusty's path to Ottawa is even easier...
    They didn't really cut him, just put him on waivers so that he can be sent down to the AHL to find his game. Right? He's still with the Senators organisation as far as I know.


    @JokkeNevalainen on Twitter. Junior Associate Editor at DobberProspects. Writer of "The Journey" at DobberHockey.

    My latest articles:
    The Journey: Calder Trophy Race - November 2018
    The Journey: Goalie Prospects in the AHL

  4. #4
    Stalinism's Avatar
    Stalinism is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Prodigy

    Default Re: The Journey: Goalie Prospects in the AHL

    How good is Husso and what are his chances of becoming the guy in St. Louis? I don't know much about him.
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR

    F - Matthews, Getzlaf, Ovechkin, B Schenn, Huberdeau, Marner, Meier, Stone, Hertl, Voracek, Carter
    D - Jones, PK Subban, Provorov, Gudbranson
    G - Darling, Price, Schneider, Smith

    Picks for next year:

    1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10, 11

  5. #5
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is online now
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    11,922
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: The Journey: Goalie Prospects in the AHL

    Quote Originally Posted by Stalinism View Post
    How good is Husso and what are his chances of becoming the guy in St. Louis? I don't know much about him.
    He's better than Allen. Thing that haunts Husso is how awful the AHL team he plays for is. They don't help. He hasn't really been helping himself so far this season either though. He's better than his AHL numbers - that's for sure. If Allen doesn't improve (Johnson had the win last night) I expect Husso to get a chance sooner than later.
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

  6. #6
    Stalinism's Avatar
    Stalinism is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Prodigy

    Default Re: The Journey: Goalie Prospects in the AHL

    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    He's better than Allen. Thing that haunts Husso is how awful the AHL team he plays for is. They don't help. He hasn't really been helping himself so far this season either though. He's better than his AHL numbers - that's for sure. If Allen doesn't improve (Johnson had the win last night) I expect Husso to get a chance sooner than later.
    Is he good enough for me to grab in my pool and burn a keeper on in an attempt to snag a legit number 1 tendy?
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR

    F - Matthews, Getzlaf, Ovechkin, B Schenn, Huberdeau, Marner, Meier, Stone, Hertl, Voracek, Carter
    D - Jones, PK Subban, Provorov, Gudbranson
    G - Darling, Price, Schneider, Smith

    Picks for next year:

    1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10, 11

  7. #7
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is online now
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    11,922
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: The Journey: Goalie Prospects in the AHL

    Quote Originally Posted by Stalinism View Post
    Is he good enough for me to grab in my pool and burn a keeper on in an attempt to snag a legit number 1 tendy?
    are we talking league in sig with 7 keepers? No - that's too much risk. In a dynasty with shallow minors - there I would add him.
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

  8. #8
    Stalinism's Avatar
    Stalinism is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Prodigy

    Default Re: The Journey: Goalie Prospects in the AHL

    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    are we talking league in sig with 7 keepers? No - that's too much risk. In a dynasty with shallow minors - there I would add him.
    It is, but with goalies accounting for 36% of the categories, the importance of good tendys is huge. I've struggled with mine for years. I finally landed price this year and want to have a quality starter to go along with Price going forward. Struggling at acquiring someone though.
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR

    F - Matthews, Getzlaf, Ovechkin, B Schenn, Huberdeau, Marner, Meier, Stone, Hertl, Voracek, Carter
    D - Jones, PK Subban, Provorov, Gudbranson
    G - Darling, Price, Schneider, Smith

    Picks for next year:

    1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10, 11

  9. #9
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is online now
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    11,922
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: The Journey: Goalie Prospects in the AHL

    Quote Originally Posted by Stalinism View Post
    It is, but with goalies accounting for 36% of the categories, the importance of good tendys is huge. I've struggled with mine for years. I finally landed price this year and want to have a quality starter to go along with Price going forward. Struggling at acquiring someone though.
    You'll be better off targeting a Goalie EARLY in your re-draft next year than using a keeper slot on a G with no guarantee to be a starter next year.
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

  10. #10
    Stalinism's Avatar
    Stalinism is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Prodigy

    Default Re: The Journey: Goalie Prospects in the AHL

    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    You'll be better off targeting a Goalie EARLY in your re-draft next year than using a keeper slot on a G with no guarantee to be a starter next year.
    True. In order to snag a good goalie though I'm going to need a top 5 pick. This year bishop went 1st, Hutton 3rd and Saros, yes Saros went 5th. Beyond that it's a crapshoot with Luongo and darling being the highlights

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •