Thread: Zacha sent to AHL

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Zacha sent to AHL

Man, that's gotta hurt for a 6th overall pick who's been playing NHL time for a couple years.

Gotta say, aside from a few flashes he's been underwhelming at best. Not sure if he will ever be a top sixer. What a miss of a pick by Shero in one of the most stacked first rounds in recent memory.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Zacha sent to AHL

I remember how some smart independent scouts thought the Devils would take Barzal at six. I guess that would have worked out decently if they had.

Dobber Sports Expert

1 assist, 6 shots on goal and a +1 rating in 3-2 loss against Lyon and the Phantoms last night.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    1 assist, 6 shots on goal and a +1 rating in 3-2 loss against Lyon and the Phantoms last night.
    Being sent down could be just what he needs to regain his offensive confidence (which I am assuming is lacking). I think it's too early to say he'll never be a top six player, the kid is still very young.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Magnificent One

yeah I am a devil fan and still have hope for him. sadly he got dinged the last two seasons for his poor defense play so this season if you watched the games most of them he has been super strong on his play. however the offense just isn't there.

would have been awesome had we got barzal or others but zacha is going to be a good top6. he might not be lights out top6 but I think he will be pretty good.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Wizard

Zacha was always expected to be a project. But a project that could pay off huge if it goes right. Being a project, he had no business being a full time NHL player at 19 years old.

A move like this is actually good for him i think. Let him go down and get some of that offensive development he missed out on.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Expert

Zacha is back up with the big boys (Boyle has been placed on IR.) No goals but five assists in four games with Binghamton.