Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Raptors

Boston has a really good defensive system and players. Got to give them credit.

I do agree with the Raptors missed Kawhi as the run stopper. But those turnovers were mostly a result of Boston, not shooting themselves in the foot.

Siakam missing at the rim so often, I'm curious if he was exhausted because of the D. He shouldn't miss those, so I'm curious about that angle.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Siakam missing at the rim so often, I'm curious if he was exhausted because of the D. He shouldn't miss those, so I'm curious about that angle.
    I don't think he was exhausted. He wasn't very good since bubble play began, and struggled against Boston since Game 1.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Makes me wonder what he was up to while the league was in shutdown...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I don't think he was exhausted. He wasn't very good since bubble play began, and struggled against Boston since Game 1.
    Maybe he wasn't up to basketball condition to begin with. He's only played basketball for like 7yrs, so he's still pretty new.

Dobber Sports Titan

Kawhi making strong comments on the LAC Basketball IQ. I don't think he has any regret with going to LA. But man, I bet he's looking at the Raptors thinking about better times.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dobber Sports Titan

Totally makes sense. I don't think the Raptors really expected to play in Canada, which is why their alternative site was released so quickly in my mind.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Powell and Lowry on the trade block?

Think both guys get moved?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Considering he's a FA at the end of the season, the Raptors should be smart and move Lowry for assets/picks and then re-sign him in the off-season.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

I could see Lowry being re-signed by the Raptors.

Powell, I'm not sure. He's always confused me. I always think he's overrated, but then he goes and scores 35 in each of his next five games and people talk about how great he is. Then he goes back to playing in such a way I believe he's overrated again. I feel with him, you can tell when he's forcing the ball and upset and see it impacting his game. But so many people love him.

I think the Raptors keep Lowry and trade Powell. I don't think they'll trade both.

Dobber Sports Deity

Considering the whole COVID season, and the GP lost by the team this year, this season is a write off. Any other year, Nurse is probably looking for a new job.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Considering the whole COVID season, and the GP lost by the team this year, this season is a write off. Any other year, Nurse is probably looking for a new job.

In 2.5 seasons he's 128-69. He wouldn't be fired after one bad season where the refs/league aren't doing them any favours. Plus if Nurse was close to being fired, Masai would be gone in the offseason and I doubt a new GM/Pres would fire Nurse in the offseason.

He's also the 4th highest paid HC, and the Raptors just signed him in the Fall to a multi-yr deal (team didn't disclose the length). He wouldn't be fired after this yr even without COVID.

Also, Raptors 100% need to move Powell. And Lowry in my opinion should be moved. I dunno if he will though. I wouldn't re-sign Lowry too, he wants 30+mill, which is a lot for the aging PG, but I wouldn't be upset if they do.

Dobber Sports Deity

In 2.5 seasons he's 128-69. He wouldn't be fired after one bad season where the refs/league aren't doing them any favours. Plus if Nurse was close to being fired, Masai would be gone in the offseason and I doubt a new GM/Pres would fire Nurse in the offseason.

He's also the 4th highest paid HC, and the Raptors just signed him in the Fall to a multi-yr deal (team didn't disclose the length). He wouldn't be fired after this yr even without COVID.

Also, Raptors 100% need to move Powell. And Lowry in my opinion should be moved. I dunno if he will though. I wouldn't re-sign Lowry too, he wants 30+mill, which is a lot for the aging PG, but I wouldn't be upset if they do.
    Results = employment. Going to last place in the division does not equal results. Dont be so sure about his solidity in his position.

As I said, this situation is more because of COVID, but in a normal season without all the injuries, if the Raptors fell to the basement like they are now, changes would be happening.

Dobber Sports Titan

NBA is weird with coaches. Results don't always equal employment.

It's about who the players want, the management views on the future (HC vs Player), and teams seeing their future ceiling with the current HC.

If the star player wants a different coach, it'll happen (Clippers, Hawks)
    Managements view on who they want to get and telling a player this is who you get and the world knows his name (76ers, Nets, Pelicans)
    The teams thoughts on "have we gone as far as we have with this coach" (Raptors, Hawks)

Masai doesn't make decisions based on a short stint. He plays the long game perfectly, and firing Nurse is something short sighted, and something a new GM would do. I'd be shocked if Nurse is fired if he repeats the season record with players like Lowry on the team. I do think they need to retool, but NBA coach firings don't happen like the NHL (where I think Nurse would 100% be in jeopardy). NHL takes a while to rebuild a winning roster, NBA not so much and if you got a top coach, you don't wanna lose him.

Dobber Sports Deity

NBA is weird with coaches. Results don't always equal employment.

It's about who the players want, the management views on the future (HC vs Player), and teams seeing their future ceiling with the current HC.

If the star player wants a different coach, it'll happen (Clippers, Hawks)
    Managements view on who they want to get and telling a player this is who you get and the world knows his name (76ers, Nets, Pelicans)
    The teams thoughts on "have we gone as far as we have with this coach" (Raptors, Hawks)

Masai doesn't make decisions based on a short stint. He plays the long game perfectly, and firing Nurse is something short sighted, and something a new GM would do. I'd be shocked if Nurse is fired if he repeats the season record with players like Lowry on the team. I do think they need to retool, but NBA coach firings don't happen like the NHL (where I think Nurse would 100% be in jeopardy). NHL takes a while to rebuild a winning roster, NBA not so much and if you got a top coach, you don't wanna lose him.
    How's the Raptors star player getting along with Nurse right now?

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/pas...193048096.html