Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Raptors

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Raptors

Well that took forever. Great celebration though. Great for the city of Toronto. Long overdue.

...and some coward had to bring a gun to the festivities. 2 people shot. Too bad.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Well that took forever. Great celebration though. Great for the city of Toronto. Long overdue.

...and some coward had to bring a gun to the festivities. 2 people shot. Too bad.
    That many people in a concentrated area... sad to say but it was bound to happen. Quite literally 1 in a million? or so?

Coward.
    Team:
    2x[B]C - Tavares, Matthews, Malkin, Toews, D. Strome
    2xL - Hall, Landeskog,, Tkachuk, Killorn, Palat,
    2xR - Kucherov, Wheeler (RW/C), Marner (RW),Kapanen,
    4xD - Karlsson, OEL, Josi, Letang, Giordano, Green
    2xG - Andersen, Jones, Rinne, Dell, Sparks
    2x[B]Util - x2
    12 Team Keeper league with Yahoo

Roster (14 Kept Players): 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2G,2Util (Can keep a 3rd G with Util)
    SEASON SCORING: 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,1U,2G
    (Weighted Category Points: see below).

Skaters -
    (Points: G a/o A) 6
    (+/-) 3
    (PIM) 1
    (PPP) 5
    (GWG) 5

Goaltenders
    Wins 5
    Goals against -9
    Saves 1
    Shutout 10

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Shooting and stabbings ruined what should have been a historic day for the city. Now that's all the headlines are talking about.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Shooting and stabbings ruined what should have been a historic day for the city. Now that's all the headlines are talking about.
    Well...atleast they had the 5 hour snails pace parade to enjoy before the shit went down.
    Team:
    2x[B]C - Tavares, Matthews, Malkin, Toews, D. Strome
    2xL - Hall, Landeskog,, Tkachuk, Killorn, Palat,
    2xR - Kucherov, Wheeler (RW/C), Marner (RW),Kapanen,
    4xD - Karlsson, OEL, Josi, Letang, Giordano, Green
    2xG - Andersen, Jones, Rinne, Dell, Sparks
    2x[B]Util - x2
    12 Team Keeper league with Yahoo

Roster (14 Kept Players): 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2G,2Util (Can keep a 3rd G with Util)
    SEASON SCORING: 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,1U,2G
    (Weighted Category Points: see below).

Skaters -
    (Points: G a/o A) 6
    (+/-) 3
    (PIM) 1
    (PPP) 5
    (GWG) 5

Goaltenders
    Wins 5
    Goals against -9
    Saves 1
    Shutout 10

Dobber Sports Star

When they win the championship next year, they should consider hosting the parade along the 401 corridor, during rush hour, moving East to West. It would move quicker.

That was a bit of a yawn fest.
    Points only keeper League, 24 teams, weekly head to head, 2RW, 2LW, 2C, 4D, 1 G , (goalies 2pts for W +3 for SO) [/I][/B]
    Keep 11

LW: Gaudreau, Marchand, Parise, Zykov

C: Seguin,Kuznetsov, Pavs, Donato, Lindholm

RW: Debrincat, Boeser, Meier, Bjorks.

D: Klingberg, Ekman-Larsson, Letang, Ghost, Matheson, Lindell

G: Murray, Crawford, Grubauer, Bobrovsky

I went to Nathan Phillips Square, if you thought the live TV feed of the parade was boring, let me tell you I'd kill for that. Here's my day yesterday.

-Took the 8:50-ish train at Appleby go station. By Clarkson, no one could fit on the train. AKA, 3 stops.
    -Got into Toronto and at NPS at roughly 10am. Posted up in the (when facing the stage) back left watching a TV
    -Data was terrible, so finding stuff on Twitter was impossible.
    -TV screens weren't showing the parade, we figured it hadn't started yet
    -11am, just showing interviews of players but we saw it was right at the beginning of the parade route, we thought they were late
    -11:30, still showing the beginning of the parade, we get some signal on our phones and realize they had trouble going under the gates, but are on Lakeshore.
    -11:31 we now realize they aren't showing the parade live on the tv screens.
    -12:00 people have been drinking and smoking weed and you can now tell it's hit them.
    -12:30 starting to tell the organizers at NPS are filling time. See they aren't even at Union yet
    -1:30 people start passing out from dehydration or because of drinking
    -2:00 we hear there was a stabbing. We also hear the parade is "just around the corner" over and over by the DJ at NPS
    -3:30 finally shows up
    -4:00 finally on stage
    -4:15-ish shooting happened
    -4:20 we find our friends after the stampede
    -4:55 on the train leaving because EFF this.

It was honestly so effing terrible being at NPS as we were there for like 6+hrs, and saw 20min of presentations. Didn't see the parade. Couldn't even buy water. No food. I was lucky enough to bring a bag of chips and 2 water bottles in a backpack, but it was just so poorly organized. I honestly can't believe they didn't even show the parade live on the TVs while we waited for them to get to the square.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G
    C: Eichel, Pettersson (C), Zibanejad,
    LW: Marchand, Couture (C), Parise, Dubois (LW)
    RW: Marner (C), Kessel, Keller (C, LW)
    D: Barrie, Yandle, Suter, Poluck
    G: Andersen (G), Dubnyk, Murray
    IR+: Karlsson

BTW it's 4 people shot, 3 now arrested. There's a video of the one guy being tackled and taken down on twitter
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G
    C: Eichel, Pettersson (C), Zibanejad,
    LW: Marchand, Couture (C), Parise, Dubois (LW)
    RW: Marner (C), Kessel, Keller (C, LW)
    D: Barrie, Yandle, Suter, Poluck
    G: Andersen (G), Dubnyk, Murray
    IR+: Karlsson

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I went to Nathan Phillips Square, if you thought the live TV feed of the parade was boring, let me tell you I'd kill for that. Here's my day yesterday.

-Took the 8:50-ish train at Appleby go station. By Clarkson, no one could fit on the train. AKA, 3 stops.
    -Got into Toronto and at NPS at roughly 10am. Posted up in the (when facing the stage) back left watching a TV
    -Data was terrible, so finding stuff on Twitter was impossible.
    -TV screens weren't showing the parade, we figured it hadn't started yet
    -11am, just showing interviews of players but we saw it was right at the beginning of the parade route, we thought they were late
    -11:30, still showing the beginning of the parade, we get some signal on our phones and realize they had trouble going under the gates, but are on Lakeshore.
    -11:31 we now realize they aren't showing the parade live on the tv screens.
    -12:00 people have been drinking and smoking weed and you can now tell it's hit them.
    -12:30 starting to tell the organizers at NPS are filling time. See they aren't even at Union yet
    -1:30 people start passing out from dehydration or because of drinking
    -2:00 we hear there was a stabbing. We also hear the parade is "just around the corner" over and over by the DJ at NPS
    -3:30 finally shows up
    -4:00 finally on stage
    -4:15-ish shooting happened
    -4:20 we find our friends after the stampede
    -4:55 on the train leaving because EFF this.

It was honestly so effing terrible being at NPS as we were there for like 6+hrs, and saw 20min of presentations. Didn't see the parade. Couldn't even buy water. No food. I was lucky enough to bring a bag of chips and 2 water bottles in a backpack, but it was just so poorly organized. I honestly can't believe they didn't even show the parade live on the TVs while we waited for them to get to the square.
    Yeah I actually left town for a work trip on Monday morning and I was dealing with major feelings of FOMO but after hearing so many countless stories like this I'm kind of glad I didn't get caught in it. Just not worth it. Sucks that you had that experience, it's really a shame.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!