Thread: Week 8 Bye Issues

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Week 8 Bye Issues

I knew I'd have two bad weeks to deal with. Survived week 6 without some key players, but this week might be worse. Here are my lineup issues. PPR.

QB: J. Winston @CIN, R. Wilson @DET
    RB2: D. Martin vs. IND, P. Barber @CIN (Questionable), K. Barner @BUF
    Flex: Whichever RB isn't used above, J. Cook vs. IND

With M. Gordon on bye, and just losing depth with B. Powell going on IR, my RB situation is rough. Available free agents include A. Blue, M. Davis, R. Jones, Blount, etc.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Week 8 Bye Issues

Tough. I think I'd go with Winston, Barner and Cook.

Winston -- you know he's going to sling it (unlike Wilson averaging just over 27 attempts/game this season, and only 24(!) attempts/game over the past 4 weeks), he has better receiving weapons than Wilson, and he's at least equally as dangerous right now to add some value with his legs.

Barner -- this is a total crap shoot. I can't say I have any idea how any of these back will be used this week. But I do know that the Bills have effectively given up (some of their "effort" last week against the Colts was truly embarrassing), the Pats are likely to be up in the game and it's unlikely that Belichick runs James White 20+ times a game. Unless the Pats add someone else to the mix, I think Barner has a good shot at getting some decent garbage time run and perhaps falling into the end zone once or twice along the way. If the Pats do add someone else, all bets are off and I'd steer clear.

Cook -- I guess this says as much about my lack of faith in Martin/Barber as it does in my view of Cook. But the fact remains that someone will have to catch the ball in Oakland. Jordy can't do it all. Don't see Martavis becoming an 8 catch a week guy. Jalen Richard will get some. But Cook has basically becoming the most trustworthy weekly pass catching target on a bad defensive team by default -- at worst, the 2nd most trustworthy. Don't feel good about it, but that's where we're at in my estimation.

Good luck!
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Tough. I think I'd go with Winston, Barner and Cook.

Winston -- you know he's going to sling it (unlike Wilson averaging just over 27 attempts/game this season, and only 24(!) attempts/game over the past 4 weeks), he has better receiving weapons than Wilson, and he's at least equally as dangerous right now to add some value with his legs.

Barner -- this is a total crap shoot. I can't say I have any idea how any of these back will be used this week. But I do know that the Bills have effectively given up (some of their "effort" last week against the Colts was truly embarrassing), the Pats are likely to be up in the game and it's unlikely that Belichick runs James White 20+ times a game. Unless the Pats add someone else to the mix, I think Barner has a good shot at getting some decent garbage time run and perhaps falling into the end zone once or twice along the way. If the Pats do add someone else, all bets are off and I'd steer clear.

Cook -- I guess this says as much about my lack of faith in Martin/Barber as it does in my view of Cook. But the fact remains that someone will have to catch the ball in Oakland. Jordy can't do it all. Don't see Martavis becoming an 8 catch a week guy. Jalen Richard will get some. But Cook has basically becoming the most trustworthy weekly pass catching target on a bad defensive team by default -- at worst, the 2nd most trustworthy. Don't feel good about it, but that's where we're at in my estimation.

Good luck!
    You actually match my thought process on every single player, which gives me some confidence with these moves. The only one I was really debating was Martin vs Barner in RB2, but I had the same thoughts about them being way ahead. Obviously, if they sign/activate someone else, forget it. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Definitely Jameis as QB (for reasons listed above).

I'd probably roll with Barner if he's playing, since NE should have good game script. A sleeper to watch would be Mostert from SF if Breida doesn't play. Arizona is terrible against the run, and SF ran all over them in the first matchup this season. If you're going to roll the dice, may as well roll it with someone who has done something (150+ yds the past two games).
    Yahoo, 1 yr, 10-team, H2H Pts
    G 5, A 2.5, +/- 0.25, SOG 0.5, PPG 1.7, PPA 0.85, SHG 3.4, SHA 1.7, PIM -0.7, HIT 1, BLK 1, GWG 2, FOW .5, FOL -0.2
    GS 1, W 5, L -2, GA -1.15, SA 0.10, SV 0.45, SO 2.5

C (2): O'Reilly, Kopitar
    LW (2): Draisatl, B Tkachuk
    RW (2): Stamkos, J Miller
    D (3): Nurse, Pulock, Risto
    Bench: Horvat, Glendening, Parayko, Seguin (IR)
    G: Shesterkin, Blackwood, Koskinen

Quote Originally Posted by mwojt21 View Post
    Definitely Jameis as QB (for reasons listed above).

I'd probably roll with Barner if he's playing, since NE should have good game script. A sleeper to watch would be Mostert from SF if Breida doesn't play. Arizona is terrible against the run, and SF ran all over them in the first matchup this season. If you're going to roll the dice, may as well roll it with someone who has done something (150+ yds the past two games).
    Mostert is unavailable, unfortunately.

Dobber Sports Veteran

It occurred to me this morning for whatever reason that I may have gotten literally every single one of those calls wrong last week. Ugh, brutal. Hope you managed to scrape out a win anyhow.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    It occurred to me this morning for whatever reason that I may have gotten literally every single one of those calls wrong last week. Ugh, brutal. Hope you managed to scrape out a win anyhow.
    In one league, I feel like my whole season has gone this way. I know the pain.

Haha, nope. Got absolutely crushed.