Thread: Sell high or Stand pat?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Sell high or Stand pat?

Aho, Letang and DeBrincat are all in the top 50 in my league by fantasy ppg. Should I consider trying to move them for a slumping blue-chipper or are they going to be this season's stars?
    Always a Bridesmaid
    C MacK, Kopitar, Krejci
    L Hall, Beauvillier, Robertson
    R Rust (L), Carter (C/L)
    D Theodore, Carlson, Josi, Reilly (Bos)
    G Shesterkin, Nedeljkovic, Campbell, Greiss

1Y H2H [G, A, +-, PPP, SOG, H], [W, SV%, GAA, SO]

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Sell high or Stand pat?

Is your end goal to win or to build? I think all three will help you win AND are worth building around. That being said, from what I can see, none of them are keepers for you. If your team is competitive, I'd hold and see how the season plays out. If you don't think you can win (and I am not sure how you can determine that this early in the year) then I can see dealing them for picks. To be honest, unless you can upgrade one of your keepers, I don't see any reason to trade them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

They're going to be great options this year. They're getting great deployment, and I don't really see any reason for concern. That being said if you can sell high, go for it. Couldn't hurt to see what offers are out there.

The .1 points for a hit and block are sneaky value.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Genius

Hard to say without knowing who your trying to buy low. A package deal for Stamkos? A song and dance for Crosby? It's all context. In a vacuum all three shouldn't drop off too much from there hot start. Aho will continue to be a stud and I see 70+ points and Letang will put up numbers as long as he stays healthy. The only one who I question sustaining a little bit is Debrincat because he doesn't have the track record yet and plays for a bad team.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Stud

I think all have great seasons and wouldn't move them unless you can upgrade your keepers.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Stand pat

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

My goal is to win. As per my team name, I've finished 2nd of 8 three years running and I'm currently in first. The league is not terribly deep and the scoring parameters are a little wonky (plusminus?! W=1 SO=4??!!) but I think I've drafted fairly well (thanks Dob+FHG!) and I'm fairly dialled in on news so I'm pretty sure I'll at least be in the mix.
    Stamkos was one of the names I was thinking of. The problem is, with the big names, most were keepers and so their owners are probably not going to let them go easily.
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Always a Bridesmaid
    C MacK, Kopitar, Krejci
    L Hall, Beauvillier, Robertson
    R Rust (L), Carter (C/L)
    D Theodore, Carlson, Josi, Reilly (Bos)
    G Shesterkin, Nedeljkovic, Campbell, Greiss

1Y H2H [G, A, +-, PPP, SOG, H], [W, SV%, GAA, SO]

Dobber Sports Jedi

None of them fit 'sell high' definition for me. Letang is just being a healthy Letang. and Aho, DeBrincat are still reaching peaks.. can't sell high when they haven't reached their height yet. (They're both producing blue chippers)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Letang is honestly a blue chip defenseman, and he does hit & block some. He's healthy, so you'd be selling banking on injury, and cooling off, but he's still a very legit guy.

Aho looks like a rising star, and could sneak his way into keeper consideration, plus he's dual position. I can see him ending the year in your top 50.

DeBrincat is also rising and also looks good. I think he's abit behind Aho, though.

I'd be wiling to shop them, but be prepared to not get anything back in an offer that wows you enough to move them.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Giant

Letang is a top-five Dman when healthy. Aho is breaking out in a big, big way right now. Same for DeBrincat, just to a lesser extent. I'd be keeping all these guys for the season unless I'm blown away by something.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Administrator

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to accomplish here. The mention of "blue-chipper" is terrifying because if you move a high-end NHLer for prospects you're not selling high, but rather getting ripped off. If, say, you were able to move Debrincat for Stamkos I would give that some consideration because it's a move that could pay off more in future months.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

Selling Aho would be silly. People were predicting Aho to become a Seguin/Stamkos level talent and he is producing
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Expert

In a keeper league, you have to place significant weight on Aho and Debrincat. Regardless of how they will do this year - and they should be upper middle class or higher - neither will reach their ceiling this year, and their ceilings are high!

Of the three, I would dangle Letang. Yes, I know he is great, and I know Pitt is a scoring machine, but I value a good night's sleep over fantasy hockey. I could not bear waiting for the next injury, which is likely, probable and eminently foreseeable.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Ace

I would let all the GMs know, that Letang and DeBrincat are on the market "since you are getting some serious offers"
    So you are doing your due diligence before pulling the trigger. Then see what offers come in.

Then evaluate, if anything is even worth a look.

AHO I like most out of the group so I would Keep Him. (unless a uber insane offer comes in)
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi