Thread: W+SO: Crawford, Raanta, Darling, Anderson, Saros, Ullmark?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default W+SO: Crawford, Raanta, Darling, Anderson, Saros, Ullmark?

I'm in a non keeper with W+SO for goalies and only 3 roster spots, mine are: Crawford, Raanta, Darling.

We have limited moves but the most interesting waiver wires are: Saros, Anderson, Ullmark - should any on them replace my starters?

The immediate and popular answer is probably to drop Darling since many are down on him. And apologies for this coming Darling defense: While it makes me question him. Since I also was high on him going in to last year and got burned in all my leagues. Maybe still in my naivet? - but I am hopeful for this year and was looking for 55-60 starts.

I would not claim him to be great - but around, or maybe slightly below league average. Is it recency bias from all those getting burned last year? Is he actually bad after one down year or was he never "starter" good?

?

Don?t really care about the stats here, only looking for the starts + okey chances of wins.

I am thankful for any future opinions!

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: W+SO: Crawford, Raanta, Darling, Anderson, Saros, Ullmark?

Quote Originally Posted by nikitanikitin View Post
    I'm in a non keeper with W+SO for goalies and only 3 roster spots, mine are: Crawford, Raanta, Darling.

We have limited moves but the most interesting waiver wires are: Saros, Anderson, Ullmark - should any on them replace my starters?

The immediate and popular answer is probably to drop Darling since many are down on him. And apologies for this coming Darling defense: While it makes me question him. Since I also was high on him going in to last year and got burned in all my leagues. Maybe still in my naivet? - but I am hopeful for this year and was looking for 55-60 starts.

I would not claim him to be great - but around, or maybe slightly below league average. Is it recency bias from all those getting burned last year? Is he actually bad after one down year or was he never "starter" good?

?

Don?t really care about the stats here, only looking for the starts + okey chances of wins.

I am thankful for any future opinions!
    I would drop Darling for Saros and not look back. Even when Rinne is back Saros will get a healthy dose of starts. By the way, Crawford was outstanding last night. Hawks should have lost that game 4-1. 7-1 if Ward was starting.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks Daydream Nation, that was my thought as well.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I like Ullmark and think he will take reigns from Hutton at some point, but he is not a great short-term option.
    Darling, nope, too many goalies in Carolina and he has a short leash to begin with.
    Anderson is interesting, Sens are a bleh team, but he is the guy and will get a ton of starts, if save % and GAA don't matter he will at least get quantity starts and should manage some wins and the odd shutout.
    Saros is far and away the best out of the bunch, just unfortunately for him he's behind last year Vezina's winner, Rinne is hurt (not sure how bad) and he's looked great in every game he's been in so far, even when Rinne comes back Saros SHOULD (not saying he will) get a 1/3rd of the starts in Nsh, plus if Rinne goes down he's prob a top 10 goalie for wins/shutouts.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take Saros here, because he's got the crease for now and he's the most likely to be good in your format. Anderson may play mroe and win more, but he'll still lbe on waivers if Rinne returns soon. If Rinne does not return soon, you are in great shape with Saros.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.