Thread: Saros

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Saros

If Rinne is out for any significant amount of time is this saros' time? I imagine he gets the bulk of the starts for however long Rinne is out.

He's a free agent in my league and I'm strongly considering adding him, just the small matter of who to drop.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Saros

Yes yes yes. ADd him immediately. Drop Lindholm.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    If Rinne is out for any significant amount of time is this saros' time? I imagine he gets the bulk of the starts for however long Rinne is out.

He's a free agent in my league and I'm strongly considering adding him, just the small matter of who to drop.
    I would drop Morrissey. No it's not Saros' time yet, but for now he should be a good own. I don't think Rinne is going to be out for a huge amount of time.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I would drop Morrissey. No it's not Saros' time yet, but for now he should be a good own. I don't think Rinne is going to be out for a huge amount of time.
    Exactly, this looks like a Murray scare all over again. For what it's worth he's getting 40% of the games this season. Much more starts than last year.

Dobber Sports Monster

Yes I add him. He'll get his share of starts.

Who to drop is a bit of an issue. Honestly, I'd look at letting Yandle go. IMO.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

This is the door opening for Saros. People who think he can't hold up under a starter's workload will get to see what he can do.

I need to figure out who Nashville is calling up to backup. I'm in one league that is really deep, and my goaltending depth is really terrible - half of my goalies are backups plucked from free agency.

Edit: I found out that it is Miroslav Svoboda, who was in the ECHL this year but has played in the Czech league; I took a flyer on him, as he's potentially useful.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Thanks for all the opinions.

The owner of Rinne came to his senses and grabbed him shortly after I posted this. We only start one goalie so without a timeline on Rinne I didn't want to drop anyone.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    If Rinne is out for any significant amount of time is this saros' time?
    Definitely Saros time!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sophomore

What is Saros value now that Rinne has signed a 2 year extension? Most had pegged Saros as taking over the starting job next season, now it seams that will be pushed back 2 more years. Is it still worth holding and waiting or does this open up the possibility of Nsh trading him?
    12 team H2H, auction draft salary cap, modified keeper league. Keep players at 2X their salary, cap 73M+10% buffer.
    Categories: G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Wins,Svs,GAA,SV%

C: Stamkos(9.1), Schmaltz(1.0)-LW/C, Backlund(0.8), Little(0.5)
    LW: Ovechkin-LW/RW(10.5), Zucker(1.4), Lucic(0.5), Bertuzzi(0.2)
    RW: Kucherov(11.7), Zibanejad(1.0), Reinhart-C/RW(1.0), Jenner(0.2)
    D: Hedman(9.3), Carlson(7.6), Manson(1.5), Pulock(1.0), Theodore(1.0), Phaneuf(0.1)
    G: Hellebuyck(8.2), Vasilevskiy(4.8)

Farm: Hudon(0.3), Byron(0.2), Pearson(0.1), Roslovic(0.1), Starlman(0.2), Dunn(0.1), Saros(0.4), Darling(0.1)
    Prospects: Buchnevich, Svechnikov, Bratt, Werenski, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Possibly trading him.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Keeping him or moving him depends largely on your pool type. If you are lucky enough to have a top tier netminder, then I think having an elite level backup is extremely valuable! That said, I understand that if you need starts, in a H2H league for instance, then his value is less than. With Rinne getting a new 2 year extension it clearly impacts Saros' ability to become the starter, but I feel that Laviolette will play the hot hand if he feels it gives his Preds the best chance to win. Saros will get a few more games every year, and in my opinion, is worth keeping. Especially if his value has dropped with the latest news.
    'To be is to do' - Socrates....'To do is to be '- Sartre..........
    'To do be do be do' - Sinatra.

15 Team Keeper League - 20 roster spots (4C 4L 4R 6D 2G)
    Point Categories - G A +/- PIMS GAA SV%
    Protect 13-15 *$80 Team cap

C - Bergeron, Zibanejad,
    L - Connor, Marchand, Olofsson
    R - Nylander, Wheeler, Gallagher, Rust
    D - Carlson, Josi, Nurse
    G - Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The Rinne signing may mean that Saros is dealt, but I think this is a plan to have that tandem together for 2 years, and then move on. The combined amount of goalie money is not exorbitant, and they can keep them both.

I'm sure some team will try and acquire Saros, however. Whether or not he moves depends on the offer.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

How many starts do you think Saros will get the rest of this year if both goalies stay in Nashville
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Savages View Post
    How many starts do you think Saros will get the rest of this year if both goalies stay in Nashville
    I think around 24 starts for Juuse out of 68 games Nashville has left. I'm saying that even knowing that Nashville are tied with 3 more team for the fewest b2b games(10) for the year.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think Saros gets a start in every 2 games. That was the trend before Rinnes injury.