Thread: Chubb Problem

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Chubb Problem

Oh man what a trade! Talk about ripple effect. Chubb, Hyde, Yeldon, Fournette all impacted.

But for this weekend I now have a massive problem. No idea who to start.

0.5 PPR
    Need 2 RB, 1 WR and 1 Flex
    Also need to drop someone for a DST....right now that'll be Ekeler because we can drop bench players and he plays at 9:30 am. Also trying to swing a 2 for 1 but anyways.....

Latavius @ NYJ
    Chubb @ TB
    Ingram @ Balt
    Clement vs Car
    Ekeler vs Ten

Crabtree vs NO
    Godwin vs Clev

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Chubb Problem

Mayfield likes to throw, we don't know what Duke's usage is going to be, and even though they have moved on from Hyde, there seems to have been a reluctance to give Chubb the ball (3 carries a game despite a superior YPC), so for this weekend I would probably rank Latavius, Ingram, and Clement ahead of him as safer options. But if you like a boom/bust flex play, I'd go Chubb.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ah, the early morning Chubb problem. Been there, my friend. Anywho ...

I'd play Chubb, Ingram and Murray. Crabtree at WR.

Chubb is one heck of an RB. They got good value (in NFL terms) for Hyde, which is likely the primary reason why they traded him (and to save the associated cap space). But make no mistake, they also wanted to get Chubb on the field. Even on limited touches, he's shown that he can rip off huge chunks of yardage on the ground against NFL competition, and is a capable receiver. Duke will certainly have a role as well, but TB's defense is bad, bad, bad. This is a really nice spot for the Browns to allow Chubb to start stretching his legs.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Ah, the early morning Chubb problem. Been there, my friend. Anywho ...

I'd play Chubb, Ingram and Murray. Crabtree at WR.
    This is where I'm leaning as well. Still trying to make a move though.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ok now Im really hurting for help....I planned on dropping Ekeler for a DST tomorrow morning but now Melvin might not play!! I have 5 RBs worth playing! On Tuesday I had 2 haha.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Ok now Im really hurting for help....I planned on dropping Ekeler for a DST tomorrow morning but now Melvin might not play!! I have 5 RBs worth playing! On Tuesday I had 2 haha.
    If Gordon's out, I'd play Ekeler over Ingram this week. Saints up against a stingy (to date) Ravens defense. And I'd think the Saints will split work a bit more evenly between Ingram and Kamara coming off the bye than they showed a couple weeks ago.

So just a more guaranteed workload there for Ekeler than Ingram if Gordon's out and a better matchup to boot.

W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev

Dobber Sports Veteran

If Gordon's out, I'd play Ekeler over Ingram this week. Saints up against a stingy (to date) Ravens defense. And I'd think the Saints will split work a bit more evenly between Ingram and Kamara coming off the bye than they showed a couple weeks ago.

So just a more guaranteed workload there for Ekeler than Ingram if Gordon's out and a better matchup to boot.
    Oops. I see Gordon has now been ruled OUT. So yeah, I'd get Ekeler in there quickly if you can before kickoff in London.

Good luck!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Oops. I see Gordon has now been ruled OUT. So yeah, I'd get Ekeler in there quickly if you can before kickoff in London.

Good luck!
    I actually woke up nice and early ended up dealing Ekeler and Crabtree to the Gordon owner for Landry. Fun morning.