Thread: Acquiring David Johnson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Acquiring David Johnson

With injuries riddling the team I need a huge rest of the season. Wondering if acquiring David Johnson (new coach in town) is a good idea?

Thinking of trading Alex Collins+

The plus would be a WR (one of) Allen Robinson, Agholor or Goodwin.

Too much? Not enough?

Current roster:
    QB: Watson
    RB: Bell, Collins, Chubb, Buck Allen, R. Jones II
    WR: Hopkins, Hilton, Robinson, Agolohor, Goodwin
    TE: Graham
    10 Team Keep 70 Total. Currently 9 Keeper spots. League Established 2012. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench,4IR
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, SV%, SV, SO

F: Marchand, JT Miller, Zibanejad, Robertson, E. Kane
    D: Josi, Fox, Bouchard
    G: Shesterkin

12 Team Modified Keep 4. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1U, 2G, 4 Bench, 2IR
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, H, B, W, GAA, SV%, SO

F: Matthews, M. Tkachuk
    D: Makar
    G: Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Acquiring David Johnson

I would want D.Johnson with the new OC coming in.. Leftwich knows he needs to feed D.Johnson and Fitzgerald!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Acquiring David Johnson

Risky. It's not just Mike McCoy at OC that was holding DJ back (although he most certainly wasn't helping). That offensive line is bad. Rosen isn't nearly ready. So while I do expect that Leftwich and the rest of the coaching staff will make it a priority to get Johnson the ball (they know they're auditioning for jobs now too), I really doubt he's going to turn things around on the ground. That's not really been a usage problem. It's a lack of talent on offense problem. That won't change this season, unfortunately.

What may change, however, is scheming to get DJ the ball more in space through the passing game. Given how bad that offensive line is, getting the ball out of Rosen's hands quickly -- and into DJ's hands in space -- ought to be a priority. If they can manage to do that, that certainly helps matters in a PPR, and Johnson has the talent to consistently make guys miss in space or break the first tackle.

So all in all, given Collins' lack of reliability so far this season as well, and the gift you now have with Chubb getting his chance, this is a risk I think you can afford to make. But the only throw in I'd want to do from the guys you list is Agholor. Otherwise, I think you're pressing and putting too much faith in the Cardinals being able to turn things around to help Johnson return value.

Good luck!
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith