View Poll Results: Who should I drop? Vote for as many as you wish.

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • D Heed, Tim - SJ

0 0%
  • D Martinez, Alec - LA

0 0%
  • D Phaneuf, Dion - LA

0 0%
  • D Stone, Michael - CGY

0 0%
  • D Stralman, Anton - TB

0 0%
  • F Anisimov, Artem - CHI

0 0%
  • F Eaves, Patrick - ANA

0 0%
  • F Eller, Lars - WSH

0 0%
  • F Grabner, Michael - ARI

0 0%
  • F Hodgson, Cody - NSH

3 75.00%
  • F Martin, Matt - NYI

1 25.00%
  • F Sobotka, Vladimir - BUF

0 0%
  • Nobody

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Who to drop?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Who to drop?

I'm in need of clearing some roster space on a dynasty team I took over - found it via the forums here. It's not a contender, and I've already turned the team over a lot, drafting 8 players, and claiming 16 guys from free agency or waivers. So I'm looking at clearing some of the old guys who aren't or maybe shouldn't be in the active lineup. I need to clear 1 roster spot for a returning IR player, but want to clear a couple for speculative additions. League is not the one in my signature.

It's a 12 team league, 20 player active roster (12 F, 6 D, 2 G) with 2 reserves and 53 minors spots, plus 5 IR slots. Salary cap is 119.25 Million, and only active and reserve counts towards it. Daily moves, and anyone can sit in the minors, but if their salary is over $2 million they need to clear waivers. Categories are: G,A, Pts, SOG, PIM, Hit+Blk, W, SV%, GAA, Shutouts.

Here are the candidates for dropping, the vast majority of them are on my bench. Age, then name.

Defensemen:
    27 Heed, Tim
    28 Stone, Michael
    31 Martinez, Alec - I think he's the best of this group
    32 Stralman, Anton
    33 Phaneuf, Dion

Forwards:
    28 Hodgson, Cody
    29 Martin, Matt
    29 Eller, Lars - I think he's the best of this group
    30 Anisimov, Artem
    31 Sobotka, Vladimir
    31 Grabner, Michael
    34 Eaves, Patrick

Any thoughts appreciated and repped, and feel free to just vote if you like.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Who to drop?

Cody Hodgson is retired...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Wow, Cody Hodgson has retired... he's your first drop for sure. It will be interesting to see how Eaves will look when come back. I mean, keep him for now. The other guys are looking okay in a 20 team league(only Heed is a question mark).
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I feel dumb for having missed him - he retired in 2016. He didn't show as in minors on Fantrax, and I made sure to get everybody who retired or went overseas this past offseason off my team. I wish Fantrax had years on their news updates. Thanks for that one.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.