Thread: Trade Offer: PLD+ for Keller+

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade Offer: PLD+ for Keller+

So I received the following trade offer:

PLD, Barrie, and Mrazek for my Keller, OEL, and Markstrom.

I am tempted to accept. PLD is a step down from Keller I know, but I figure Barrie is a step up from OEL. The goalies are both kind of marginal. I realize that I'm selling low on Keller and OEL, but that Coyotes team is getting hard to stomach.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    9 Team Dynasty Pool. 30 Players, 20 Active (12 F, 6 D, 2 G). 10 Reserves. 20 Roster moves allowed per season.
    Forwards Points Only, D Points, Hits, Blocks, Goalies Wins and Shutouts.
    Drop 10 players in the offseason for free agent draft before season.

Forwards: Barzal, Forsberg, Guentzl, Buchnevic, Barkov, W. Nylander, P. Kane, Crosby, Fiala, Zibanejad, Vrana, Zuccarello, Pavelski, Tarasenko, Kreider, B. Schenn
    Defence: Fox, Sergachev, Pietrangelo, Letang, Karlsson, Hamilton, Spurgeon, Sandin, Boqvist, Matheson

Goal: Hellebuyck, Campbell, Skinner, Murray

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Trade Offer: PLD+ for Keller+

We are only one full season away from from the avs being absolutely beyond terrible. Remember when Mackinnon was approaching bust and rantanaan was a free agent in alot of leagues?

My point is Keller is the best player in this deal. Arizona has had a slow start but we haven't even played 10 percent of the games that will be played this season. OEL and Barrie are close enough in your setup not to push the deal to either side. The goalies are both equally poor starters for now. I'd pass and be patient with Keller.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    We are only one full season away from from the avs being absolutely beyond terrible. Remember when Mackinnon was approaching bust and rantanaan was a free agent in alot of leagues?

My point is Keller is the best player in this deal. Arizona has had a slow start but we haven't even played 10 percent of the games that will be played this season. OEL and Barrie are close enough in your setup not to push the deal to either side. The goalies are both equally poor starters for now. I'd pass and be patient with Keller.
    This. Hold on Keller for now. He will be much better 2 months from now. BTW he just scored his first goal last night
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post

Mack was approaching bust status? News to me.
    If Rantanen was a FA in any year outside his rookie season, please let me in your league.
    I'm not sure how the Avs are "a season away from being absolutely beyond terrible." They are one of the youngest teams in the league, and their D core is oozing with talent.

What I do know, is that the Yotes have been, and still are, a dumpster fire.

Like MZac mentioned, the goalies are a wash. However, Tyson Barrie would instantly become your best D and probably outpoints OEL by around 15. I think Keller outpoints PLD by around the same, making this deal a complete wash across the board. The fact that it was offered to you make it interesting because now you can counter and start to get it leaning in your favour.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Mack was approaching bust status? News to me.
    If Rantanen was a FA in any year outside his rookie season, please let me in your league.
    I'm not sure how the Avs are "a season away from being absolutely beyond terrible." They are one of the youngest teams in the league, and their D core is oozing with talent.

What I do know, is that the Yotes have been, and still are, a dumpster fire.

Like MZac mentioned, the goalies are a wash. However, Tyson Barrie would instantly become your best D and probably outpoints OEL by around 15. I think Keller outpoints PLD by around the same, making this deal a complete wash across the board. The fact that it was offered to you make it interesting because now you can counter and start to get it leaning in your favour.
    The avs in 2016-17 were 22-56-4. Beyond terrible. We are only one full season removed from that. Mack had 53 points and rantanen should have been a FA in alot of shallower leagues that weren't dynasty or full keeper leagues.

My point is that Kellers team looks bad and he hasn't had a good start. But look at how quickly that changed for the avs. It can change seemingly overnight. It doesn't mean you dump him the same way you shouldn't have dumped Mackinnon.

Edit: No you can't join my league.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):