Thread: Marner + for Gaudreau +

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Marner + for Gaudreau +

I've been offered 2 trades by the same team in the league in the signature:
    My:
    Tarasenko, Marner, Pettersson

For his:
    Gaudreau, Monahan, Kapanen, Johansen, Gostisbehere, Weber (IR)
    Or:
    Gaudreau, Nylander, Gostisbehere, Johansen, Kapanen.

Now, I will admit I'm a fanboy of Marner. Have a jersey of his since day1, saw his first goal in the NHL live. Big Leaf fan. HOWEVER, I have always wanted Gaudreau for his LW status in fantasy as I've always been handcuffed into getting guys like Hube, Couture, and other middling LW for a few yrs.

I haven't really liked owning Tarasenko since getting him in a trade like 2-3yrs ago, so I am kinda "silently" shopping him. The big issue is, I don't need Gostisbehere, don't really need a top C as I have 2 already. Is there a trade to hunt here? He's countered all offers of mine to include Marner, so I can't get Gaudreau without Marner it seems.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Marner + for Gaudreau +

For one I would drop pettersson out of this deal. Adding him is in no small way an add in. With that and you not needing the thee pieces it is not working in your favor.

Another concern is you giving your two best RW for one LW of value unless Johansen has dual eligibility.

I like getting Johnny hockey but giving both those guys is a little steep for me espcially bc they both keepers
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Marner + for Gaudreau +

If you want Gaudreau drop the fluff and one for one it for marner. I think you win that trade. At their best they'll produce around the same but you get your left wing and there is less risk with Gaudreau falling out of favour with his coach and not getting prime opportunity for the next few years (for short spurts). I'll second Keeping Pettersson out of the deal.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):