Thread: Trade of the Matts (Stafford for Ryan)?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Trade of the Matts (Stafford for Ryan)?

Hi all. 14 team dynasty league. We start 1 QB, 6 pt. passing TDs, bonus points for long TDs (40+ yards and 60+ yards).

I really like my team overall for a 14-teamer, yet I'm 2-4 on the season. Based on my team, I truly believe that I have a good shot at winning the championship, or finishing runner-up (which still pays good money) ... if only I can make the playoffs. So I need to start winning -- and, equally as important for purposes of how our playoff wildcard qualifying works, start scoring posting higher scores to make up scoring deficits.

Currently, my QBs are Stafford and Mayfield. With Mayfield, I feel fairly secure in my future at the position. Stafford isn't old or bad by any means and I've had him since his rookie year, but with some of the QB numbers being put up this year I feel like my team could use a shot in the arm at the position (being a 14 team dynasty setting, to call the waiver wire thin is an understatement).

So I'm contemplating moving Stafford for Ryan.

I like Stafford much better overall as a keeper, but the numbers this year don't lie -- Ryan is hot, the Falcons D stinks, and the running game can't be counted on for anything. All of which means, Ryan should continue slinging it all over and putting up numbers on a weekly basis. And it doesn't hurt that he plays in the NFC South (Saints, Bucs, Panthers) as opposed to the NFC North (Vikes, Bears, Pack).

Any thoughts?
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Trade of the Matts (Stafford for Ryan)?

I would do that deal...but might as well try to get some kind of picks out of it as well. Might not work since you're getting the "better" QB....but he would be getting the younger one.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks. Notoriously difficult to get this guy to trade, so we'll see what happens. I might also then be able to flip Ryan for Brady (the Brady owner has been stubborn and wouldn't do it for Stafford despite the fact that his team doesn't really have a shot this year). Not sure it'd be worthwhile given the balance New England is displaying this year. But in any event, that would have to wait until next week though; I like Ryan's matchup against the Giants this week much better than Brady's against against the Bears.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Thanks. Notoriously difficult to get this guy to trade, so we'll see what happens. I might also then be able to flip Ryan for Brady (the Brady owner has been stubborn and wouldn't do it for Stafford despite the fact that his team doesn't really have a shot this year). Not sure it'd be worthwhile given the balance New England is displaying this year. But in any event, that would have to wait until next week though; I like Ryan's matchup against the Giants this week much better than Brady's against against the Bears.
    Goodluck man!