Thread: Any AHL players to keep an eye on?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Any AHL players to keep an eye on?

Any AHL players to keep an eye on? Borgstrom seems to be one of them. Debating if I should pick him up for Yamamato

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Any AHL players to keep an eye on?

Reid Boucher has 8 goals in 5 games. Kurtis MacDermid has a whopping 38 PIMS in 4 games. 14 goalies have a GAA 2.00 or less. Rookie Sheldon Rempal has 8 points in 4 games.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Padawan

What goalies in the AHL likely to get called up this year?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by seanavery View Post
    Hard to say who's likely, given that it often takes an injury or poor play from an established veteran.

First ones that pop to mind: Husso, Hart, Demko (concussed), Nedeljkovic, Petersen (maybe soon if Campbell keeps losing) and the usual suspects like Hammond, Bibeau, Montoya, Tokarski etc.

Also worth keeping an eye on Gustavsson and maybe Montembeault

Dobber Sports Jedi

Frances Perron is off to a blazing start 4-4 - 8pts in 5gp - he was the other piece in the EK deal -- i'm watching him close.

If you don't have an age restriction on your minors rosters I'd be taking a close look at Sheldon Rempal - LA - 8PTS 4GP -- undrafted 46 in 39 as a sophomore in the NCAA last year - then signed with LA as a FA. He's 23

2nd in BCHL scoring with 110pts the year Jost and Fabbri were drafted (15/16) . Dude has wheels and slick hands -- As starved as LA is for offence, if he pockets a few more games like this, he should be a wildcard call up. Kid just scores - period.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Frances Perron is off to a blazing start 4-4 - 8pts in 5gp - he was the other piece in the EK deal -- i'm watching him close.

If you don't have an age restriction on your minors rosters I'd be taking a close look at Sheldon Rempal - LA - 8PTS 4GP -- undrafted 46 in 39 as a sophomore in the NCAA last year - then signed with LA as a FA. He's 23

2nd in BCHL scoring with 110pts the year Jost and Fabbri were drafted (15/16) . Dude has wheels and slick hands -- As starved as LA is for offence, if he pockets a few more games like this, he should be a wildcard call up. Kid just scores - period.
    I had Francis Perron on a dynasty league for the past 3 seasons...this summer I dropped him. Go figure he goes off.

As for others to keep and eye on: Mason Appleton (last years rookie of the year), Sami Niku (last years dman of the year) and Drake Batherson (rookie this year).
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by seanavery View Post
    All of LA, Chicago, Carolina, NJ, & Florida have their third goalies up now. Jarry has already been up for the Penguins, I think.

Excluding those, one/both of Lyon/Stolarz and Hart as a longshot for the Flyers. At some point 2 of Elliott, Neuvirth & Pickard will be hurt.

I'd recommend fining out who is the teams 3rd goalie for the depth chart, and note them. That may not be the AHL starter, if they are giving a younger guy playing time.

Whomever the 3rd goalie is for Vegas, St Louis,
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I recommend reading our first AHL Report at DobberProspects if you haven't yet: https://dobberprospects.com/ahl-report-october-2018/

Dobber Sports Sage

That's good content there, Jokke. Covered a couple of guys I own and have questions about, and added a few names to the watch list.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

Good call.

#LAKings are recalling Sheldon Rempal, who has four goals and eight points in four games with AHL-Ontario.

Dobber Sports Icon

Lawrence Pilut in Rochester is now up to 10 points in his first 6 games. He was the SHL dman of the year last year.

UPDATE

Pilut now has 13 points in his first 7 AHL games with another 3 assists tonight.
    Last edited by chuckcouples; October 27, 2018 at 1:47 AM.