Thread: [PD] Steven Stamkos

Dobber Sports Novice

Default [PD] Steven Stamkos

Hey all.

With Stamkos having a slow start and being on a less than optimal line (no Kucherov), I wanted to raise the discussion around Stamkos. Right now he is listed as a C only but it appears that he is playing RW on the top line so that leads me to believe that he should become dual eligible soon as C,RW (I don't know how often/when yahoo updates these). That being said, I wanted to see if trading for him in this slump is a good decision with the assumption that

A. The triplets line won't stick and Kucherov will be once again reunited with Stamkos
    B. Stamkos will gain dual eligibility on yahoo as a C,RW

The current stamkos owner in my league is sitting high on him and saying that the sample size is too small to judge a good trade but I wanted to know if this is a guy who can explode in value with better performances later in the year and a gain in dual eligibility. I know he has been injured before and Kuch is more of the #1 guy in TBL nowadays but I still think Stammer is a great player (I obviously have personal bias for this guy as I'm a big fan of his).

Let me know what you guys think about him and the year he has ahead of him given the situation that we're in today.

Thanks!
    League settings:
    12 team keeper category league
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,D,D,D,UTIL,G,G
    G A PPP PIM HIT SOG
    W GAA SV%
    3 goalie starts per week
    4 moves per week

Roster:
    C: Trochek, Getzlaf
    LW: Pierre Luc Dubois, M. Tkachuk, Landeskog, RNH
    RW: Laine, Tarsenko, Hoffman, Bailey
    D: Klingberg, Klefbom, Krug
    G: Luongo
    IR: Edler (D), Quick (G)

Streamers:
    Hornqvist

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: [PD] Steven Stamkos

I still consider him a top 10 player. There's so few other players that can do what he does. Even with the influx of elite players he still is a tad above some of them in my estimation. Injuries have helped derail a few of his seasons. And he has had down seasons before and bounced back. I just still think he's a special talent. There is some age regression coming though, but I think realistically, that's 4 - 6 years away, he's only 28. He also has had a habit of playing in spurts.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: [PD] Steven Stamkos

I absolutely believe he is an incredible player and among the elites. My question really here is how much is he worth and what are the odds that he gains dual eligibility? I would even consider trading my Benn for Stamkos for example if I know that Stamkos will gain that RW eligibility and I can get an early round in return or something. I haven't watched a lot of tampa games lately so I don't know if something like a Benn for Stamkos would really burn me in the end especially when Stamkos is split up from Kucherov. I know TBL swap their lines a lot so I wanted to hear how Stamkos does when not on a line with Kuch for a long time
    League settings:
    12 team keeper category league
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,D,D,D,UTIL,G,G
    G A PPP PIM HIT SOG
    W GAA SV%
    3 goalie starts per week
    4 moves per week

Roster:
    C: Trochek, Getzlaf
    LW: Pierre Luc Dubois, M. Tkachuk, Landeskog, RNH
    RW: Laine, Tarsenko, Hoffman, Bailey
    D: Klingberg, Klefbom, Krug