Thread: Oh Eberle....my 3 years of love/hate

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Oh Eberle....my 3 years of love/hate

So I know it's early, but I wasn't high on him anyway with Tavares gone (although most of his points came with Beau and Barzal, a line he's not on yet this season) but he slipped in our draft and I grabbed him late. I've had him on and off for years now. But looking at the FA pool I'm thinking of gambling on what could (and some probably) better options. They are

RW FAs
    Fiala
    suspended Wilson (definitely considering)
    lindholm (really considering)
    rattie (liked his preseason, not sure now) kapanen
    bjugstad (also triple eligibility, top line pp2)
    tyjo.

Kreider and galchenyuk have caught my eye on LW but was initially thinking I'd keep the RW thing going.

ANOTHER OPTION. I'm only rolling the 4 defense and there's options like Faulk and Fowler. Does an Eberle drop for a defenseman make more sense? Also thinking of getting away from Dahlin, was hoping he'd at least throw peripherals, but nope...however that's a WHOLE different convo I think.
    H2H Cats Keep 1 (alternate keep 1/keep 3) League (12 team)
    2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 Util, 2 G, 4 BN, 2 IR+
    G A (+/-) PIM PPP SHP SoG HIT BLK / W GAA SV SHO
    F: Point, Suzuki, Nylander, B. Tkachuk, Rust, Kessel, Bunting, Barbashev, Rantanen, Barkov, Bertuzzi
    D: Ekblad, Trouba, Barrie, Severson
    G: Otter, Gibson
    IR+:Pacioretty, McAvoy

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Oh Eberle....my 3 years of love/hate

Quote Originally Posted by dillingerdis View Post
    So I know it's early, but I wasn't high on him anyway with Tavares gone (although most of his points came with Beau and Barzal, a line he's not on yet this season) but he slipped in our draft and I grabbed him late. I've had him on and off for years now. But looking at the FA pool I'm thinking of gambling on what could (and some probably) better options. They are

RW FAs
    Fiala
    suspended Wilson (definitely considering)
    lindholm (really considering)
    rattie (liked his preseason, not sure now) kapanen
    bjugstad (also triple eligibility, top line pp2)
    tyjo.

Kreider and galchenyuk have caught my eye on LW but was initially thinking I'd keep the RW thing going.

ANOTHER OPTION. I'm only rolling the 4 defense and there's options like Faulk and Fowler. Does an Eberle drop for a defenseman make more sense? Also thinking of getting away from Dahlin, was hoping he'd at least throw peripherals, but nope...however that's a WHOLE different convo I think.
    I like Lindholm as you can see from my sig... just so long as he stays up on that line with Monahan and Johnny Hockey!
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Yeah, I'm high on him with that positioning, but that's my thoughts on bjugstad too. Lindholms hot right now but will they stay that way? FLAs shown their top 6 is super solid which Bjug will stay in, plus triple eligible.

I haven't followed Lindholm much, know he's the hot hand right now but how long until that heat goes away...

You can totally be right, I'm just trying to look at all angles here.
    F: Point, Suzuki, Nylander, B. Tkachuk, Rust, Kessel, Bunting, Barbashev, Rantanen, Barkov, Bertuzzi

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by dillingerdis View Post
    Yeah, I'm high on him with that positioning, but that's my thoughts on bjugstad too. Lindholms hot right now but will they stay that way? FLAs shown their top 6 is super solid which Bjug will stay in, plus triple eligible.

I haven't followed Lindholm much, know he's the hot hand right now but how long until that heat goes away...

You can totally be right, I'm just trying to look at all angles here.
    Hard to say... it's a toss up between him and Neal being on that line. I really don't think the gap between Bjug and Linholm is that massive so you really can't go wrong with either. As you can see from my logo I'm a bit bias... Haha
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

True for pts I'm thinking, but Bjug did have 80 more shots last year, that's pretty substantial as well for me