Thread: Borgstrom & Heponiemi & necas

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Borgstrom & Heponiemi & necas

Both of those florida kids seem like quality center prospects. Im wondering if florida will trade one of them or trochek down the road to make space. Or is it more likely to expect they move borg as winger and heponiemi could eventually be 3c?

I have several trade offers on table to acquire another starter goalie and all of the offers include either Necas or Borg going out from me and i wonder which one i should keep if i want to have a center prospect that could potentially replace koivu next year. Necas seems to be Headed for A 2c position next year so at least right now he feels safer choice. On the other hand i have a feeling borgstrom has higher upside... any thougts?
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League |20 Teams, 23 Roster spots 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN
    Categories: G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO
    C - Crosby | Trocheck | Backstrom | Danault | Aho
    LW - Marchessault | Hertl
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    | Meier | Pavelski | Puljujarvi
    D - Ristolainen | Zadorov | C. Murphy
    | | Trouba | Edmundson | Giordano
    G -
    Fleury | Saros | Markström
    IR: Zucker
    Farm
    C - Borgstrom |
    Heponiemi | Hawryluk
    LW -
    RW - Tolvanen
    D - Juolevi
    G - Sorokin, Vehviläinen

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Borgstrom & Heponiemi & necas

If you want to keep a prospect center, Necas is you’re man. Barkov/Trocheck are lock at C on the top 2 lines in Flo. So Borgstrom might be move to the wing. But , like you , I think Borg have much upside... What kind of goalie you can get for him?
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Padawan

Personally I'd hold on to Borgstrom. Both are solid prospects but I think Borgstrom is above Necas.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Dover View Post
    If you want to keep a prospect center, Necas is you’re man. Barkov/Trocheck are lock at C on the top 2 lines in Flo. So Borgstrom might be move to the wing. But , like you , I think Borg have much upside... What kind of goalie you can get for him?
    Quick and Varlamov are on the table. Also bobrovsky but for him i would lose both necas and borg and also demko + b prospect
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League |20 Teams, 23 Roster spots 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    G -
    Farm
    C - Borgstrom |
    Heponiemi | Hawryluk
    LW -
    RW - Tolvanen
    D - Juolevi
    G - Sorokin, Vehviläinen

Dobber Sports Ace

Hm, I would think out of all those Necas has the highest ceiling and is in the best situation. I like Borgstrom a lot. While I do think he has a high upside I just think Necas has higher. I knew nd of thought the only reason Borgstrom was rated above guys like Necas on Dobbers list was his then proximity to play a bigger role or even just to make the NHL to begin with. At least I think maturation gets factored in to those rankings fairly heavily, at least heavier than some other sites. But yea, I think Necas has the greater potential, but he definitely has a clearer path to top 6 min as a Center. In that regard I think Necas also has more chance to stick at center while Borgstrom would be more likely switched to the wing to make top 6 in Florida.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Don't really like the goalie options going forward. Giving up a lot of high end future. Quick too injury prone, Varly may not be in Col next year, & Bob expensive. If you are trying to compete this year for win, Varly may be cheapest option.
    Looking at your roster, you have lots of good prospects, you could probably afford to go after Bob and pay the price. He is going to sign with a good team next year. looks like you draft well so you can relace the blue chip prospects with new ones.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Don't really like the goalie options going forward. Giving up a lot of high end future. Quick too injury prone, Varly may not be in Col next year, & Bob expensive. If you are trying to compete this year for win, Varly may be cheapest option.
    Looking at your roster, you have lots of good prospects, you could probably afford to go after Bob and pay the price. He is going to sign with a good team next year. looks like you draft well so you can relace the blue chip prospects with new ones.
    i did trade most of my future picks for crosby and zucker recently. i do still have pretty good lottery ticket for next years draft ( most likely top 5 pick ). Im not sure if bob can sign with a good team as iv been hearing he wants same kind of money than price is getting?
    | Fiala | Jost
    RW - Rantanen | Palmieri
    G -
    Farm