Thread: Help me thin my defense corps

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Help me thin my defense corps

12 team league, 20 player active roster (12 F, 6 D, 2 G) with 2 reserves and 53 minors spots, plus 5 IR slots. Salary cap is 119.25 Million, and only active and reserve counts towards it. Daily moves, and anyone can sit in the minors, but if their salary is over $2 million they need to clear waivers. Categories are: G,A, Pts, SOG, PIM, Hit+Blk, W, SV%, GAA, Shutouts.

I took over this team this year pre-draft. I have 47 F, 20 D, and 9 G on the roster, and I am not really a contender. My roster is currently at 76, with Neuvirth on IR, so somebody has to go when he comes back, unless Murray goes on IR by then - I'm unlikely to meet minimum goalie starts most weeks.

My plan is to keep trying to acquire freely available players who may help me, so I want to free up some space to churn, and there's little interest in older defenders.

Here is my roster:

Potential cuts (Biega & Heed are cheao enough that they can freely move in & out of lineup):
    Age Player
    33 Phaneuf, Dion
    32 Stralman, Anton
    31 Martinez, Alec
    28 Stone, Michael
    30 Biega, Alex
    27 Heed, Tim

Nobody below here is getting cut, but wanted to list the whole defense corps
    32 Edler, Alexander
    31 Letang, Kris
    24 Lindholm, Hampus
    24 Ceci, Cody
    24 Lindell, Esa
    24 McCabe, Jake
    21 Provorov, Ivan
    20 Bean, Jake
    23 Borgman, Andreas
    18 Bouchard, Evan
    21 Dermott, Travis
    20 Hronek, Filip
    20 Lajoie, Maxime
    21 Nielsen, Andrew

I'm leaning towards Biega & another one of the top group. Biega & Heed are cheap enough that if they get playing time, I can move them in & out of the lineup.

Any thoughts you have are greatly appreciated, whether it's on whom I should cut, or the number I am carrying, or takes on my young depth, whatever.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Help me thin my defense corps

Sorry so are the first set of D ones that are free agents?? Or they're on your roster and you want to drop??

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Help me thin my defense corps

Sorry for the confusion, that is my whole roster. It's not the league in my sig.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.