Thread: Streaming Advice - Please Help!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Streaming Advice - Please Help!

Hey guys,

After receving numerous suggestions to drop my fourth goalie (Darling), I did so. I picked up Simmonds for the time being... just streaming the hot hand.

Fantrax does not allow trades in their money pools, but there are unlimited waiver wire claims. In saying that, I'm seriously considering opening up a number of streaming spots. I know the players I would 100% not drop... those being Benn, Pavelski, Hamilton, Subban, Jones and all remaining goalies.

I have two questions. Which players on my roster in the sig would you NOT hesitate at all to drop in order to allow for streaming? How many streaming spots would you suggest given the details of my league?

Here is a small example of the forwards FA list sorted by owned %, just to give you an idea of availiability:

J.T. Miller
    Kadri
    Johansen
    R. Smith
    JVR
    Gallagher
    Konecny
    Duchene
    Galchenyuk
    Middelstadt
    Schmaltz
    Toffoli
    Eberle
    Marleau

Thanks in advance fellas!
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Streaming Advice - Please Help!

Galchenyuk

Dobber Sports Veteran

''Forwards: Benn, Pavelski, Skinner, Hoffman, Zucker, Lindholm, Bailey, Svechnikov, Simmonds
    Defensemen:
    Subban, Hamilton, Jones, Dahlin
    Goalies: Hellebuyck, Allen, Raanta''

I like your roster as it is right now. Simmonds is a solid player and I wouldn't drop him. In my opinion maybe the rookies on your roster are the first to drop(Svechnikov Dahlin) BUT not right now. You have to have more patience, wait and see what they are going to do for the next few weeks.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Ninja

This thread is a great example of why it's important for people to read entire posts.

In these kind of leagues where peripherals add some significant weight, I would look to drop a guy who doesn't contribute a ton to those peripherals, since the whole point of streaming is that you should get better value out of that slot than if you had one consistent player. With the kind of talent available, I would honestly feel comfortable dropping someone like Josh Bailey, given what is available on the wire.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would drop Bailey, Svechnikov and Dahlin and use those three spots to make sure you have 2 F and a D playing every night in those spots!

Unlimited claims... use it to your advantage. If the players you have on your team are not a clear tier above the available players... add and drop and get as many game played as you can.

All your stats are counting stats... so maximize skaters games played and maximize your stats coverage and win the league!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    This thread is a great example of why it's important for people to read entire posts.

In these kind of leagues where peripherals add some significant weight, I would look to drop a guy who doesn't contribute a ton to those peripherals, since the whole point of streaming is that you should get better value out of that slot than if you had one consistent player. With the kind of talent available, I would honestly feel comfortable dropping someone like Josh Bailey, given what is available on the wire.
    I wasn't going to say anything... but I'm happy you did! Haha. Thanks for the advice as well! Reps given.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I would drop Bailey, Svechnikov and Dahlin and use those three spots to make sure you have 2 F and a D playing every night in those spots!

Unlimited claims... use it to your advantage. If the players you have on your team are not a clear tier above the available players... add and drop and get as many game played as you can.

All your stats are counting stats... so maximize skaters games played and maximize your stats coverage and win the league!
    Thanks Penguin! I will take your advice and look to move those three to max my games each week! Reps given.
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Maritimer View Post
    I wasn't going to say anything... but I'm happy you did! Haha. Thanks for the advice as well! Reps given.

Thanks Penguin! I will take your advice and look to move those three to max my games each week! Reps given.
    With no games tonight... and a full slate tomorrow... you could always try to move a Svehcnikov and Dahlin and say Zucker or Bailey for an improvement and this would still allow you to stream 3 spots.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Oh god I misread that so terribly, my apologies. 3 straight days of 16 hour shifts will do that.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post

Agreed
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall