Thread: Team informations?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Team informations?

Where do you go for informations on any team? Tweeter account? Internet site?

For example, lines in the morning pratice? starting goalie?

I have a few info but not on every team.

Thanks a lot!
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Team informations?

Twitter is great. Here are a couple of great websites:
    https://www.dailyfaceoff.com
    https://leftwinglock.com/

Both of them provide projected lineups (including goalie) based on practices.

The most accurate for goalies alone might be this: https://goaliepost.com/

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Twitter is great. Here are a couple of great websites:
    https://www.dailyfaceoff.com
    https://leftwinglock.com/

Both of them provide projected lineups (including goalie) based on practices.

The most accurate for goalies alone might be this: https://goaliepost.com/
    wow thanks, I discover now leftwinglock.com (it seems better than dailyfaceoff)
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I've always found a good source of information are the team blogs on SBNation.com - the caveat is they're not always accurate but generally entertaining. Most will have the team's latest line combo's, injury news and updates, status of players in the minor systems, etc. Each team varies in terms of new / value, but a good supplemental source for team specific information.
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post
    wow thanks, I discover now leftwinglock.com (it seems better than dailyfaceoff)
    I like the LeftWingLock app. For a small fee I get push notifications to my phone if one of my goalies is announced as the starter. You can set it up for notifications for teams and/or individual players.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

www.rosterresource.com
    This site has fast becoming one of my favourites.
    They are pretty quick on updating their team grids with line combinations.
    For example, a solid line combo for the Kings last night is JAD-Carter-Amadio.
    And roster resource has that correct in their team grid.
    The site nicely, visually, pairs of LD-RD and LW-C-RW presentation. (Some line combination web sites just thrust players their in text form, not identifying who is on which wing or side)

Personally, each morning, I use a combination of:
    1. Reviewing TOI in ESPN Box Scores
    2. Going to rotoworld.com & reading "Player News"
    I use these as my updates as to how players are being deployed - or which players are seeing increase in TOI.

For people wanting to capitalize on immediate line combination switches (say, in morning practice), then you need Twitter links to team beat writers.
    Guys like Jeremy Rutherford (STL) or Aaron Portzline (CBJ) or Charlie O'Connor (PHI) or Ansar Kahn (DET) or Arpon Basu (MON) or Jon Rosen (LA)... every team has one or two "beat writers" that will sometimes tweet out morning line combinations.
    I think the forums even may have a collection thread of this... but its hit & miss with which beat writers are best tweeting out morning lines - because that's pretty much the only way the info DOES get out to the public in real-time.

Also - theathletic.com has done a great job of poaching/contracting these beat writers for their own site.
    They are also pretty good at listening to what their readers want... so I won't be surprised if they soon find a way to amalgamate update line combinations somewhere onto their site.

Right now, one of the big mistakes that some sites make is that they have line combinations available (based on data)... but the user still has to siphon through it themselves.
    Better is to simply THRUST key changes in front of the reader. LWL has started doing this with a UP/DOWN line identifier when a player switches lines.
    I like that, but its still not THRUST-Y enough for me.
    What I'd really prefer is a single-link that shows players who have shifted lines in... say... last 48 hours... or last 24 hours - user can click/decide. Now THAT would be a tool!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    www.rosterresource.com
    This site has fast becoming one of my favourites.
    They are pretty quick on updating their team grids with line combinations.
    For example, a solid line combo for the Kings last night is JAD-Carter-Amadio.
    And roster resource has that correct in their team grid.
    The site nicely, visually, pairs of LD-RD and LW-C-RW presentation. (Some line combination web sites just thrust players their in text form, not identifying who is on which wing or side)

Personally, each morning, I use a combination of:
    1. Reviewing TOI in ESPN Box Scores
    2. Going to rotoworld.com & reading "Player News"
    I use these as my updates as to how players are being deployed - or which players are seeing increase in TOI.

For people wanting to capitalize on immediate line combination switches (say, in morning practice), then you need Twitter links to team beat writers.
    Guys like Jeremy Rutherford (STL) or Aaron Portzline (CBJ) or Charlie O'Connor (PHI) or Ansar Kahn (DET) or Arpon Basu (MON) or Jon Rosen (LA)... every team has one or two "beat writers" that will sometimes tweet out morning line combinations.
    I think the forums even may have a collection thread of this... but its hit & miss with which beat writers are best tweeting out morning lines - because that's pretty much the only way the info DOES get out to the public in real-time.

Also - theathletic.com has done a great job of poaching/contracting these beat writers for their own site.
    They are also pretty good at listening to what their readers want... so I won't be surprised if they soon find a way to amalgamate update line combinations somewhere onto their site.

Right now, one of the big mistakes that some sites make is that they have line combinations available (based on data)... but the user still has to siphon through it themselves.
    Better is to simply THRUST key changes in front of the reader. LWL has started doing this with a UP/DOWN line identifier when a player switches lines.
    I like that, but its still not THRUST-Y enough for me.
    What I'd really prefer is a single-link that shows players who have shifted lines in... say... last 48 hours... or last 24 hours - user can click/decide. Now THAT would be a tool!
    Sites like DailyFaceoff and LeftWingLock are collecting data from beat writers, so if you want to save a lot of time, just check morning skate lineups from there. They usually list their source as well.

Administrator

FWIW I've seen DailyFaceoff post false updates recently. They claimed the CHI lines were updated Oct 11 yet they didn't have Fortin in there. He had already practiced on their 3rd line. It's not the first time they did it this week. I deleted my DF bookmark and I'm going to look only at LWL for the time being.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust