Thread: DJ+AJ Green v. D.Cook+Hopkins

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default DJ+AJ Green v. D.Cook+Hopkins

14 team dynasty league, .5 PPR, start 2 RBs and 3 WRs.

Would you trade David Johnson and AJ Green for Dalvin Cook and Hopkins?

My current RBs are Johnson, Mixon, Bell, Collins, Coleman and Aaron Jones.
    My current WRs are Green, Baldwin, Jeffrey, Robinson and Gordon.

As you can likely tell, despite having some names and a nice core for dynasty purposes in a 14 teamer, my WRs have been a real problem so far this season. So my thinking about this trade is as follows:

I have some wiggle room to spare at RB, and can afford to sit on Cook until he's fully healthy. So even if he's a slight step down from DJ, I think I can handle that. And if Bell comes back and gets work, I think I'd lean toward sitting DJ anyhow (eventually defaulting to Bell and Mixon).

At WR, I really need a WR1 who can explode in a given week to drag my team along until my WR2 and 3 get things sorted and some semblance of consistency. Both Hopkins and AJ are elite, but Hopkins seems like the more likely bet to really explode any given week (maybe that's because the Bengals overall have more weapons on offense, a running game, etc.).

And, in any event, I've had some incredibly bad luck so far this year with matchups. This team is 1-4, and another loss puts me on life support and really starting to look towards next year -- so getting a little younger in the process wouldn't hurt.

Anyhow, what say you??
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: DJ+AJ Green v. D.Cook+Hopkins

I would not because Cook is a big health risk. If he was healthy I'd say it was fair enough because DJ>Cook and Hopkins>AJ Green rest of season. But the health issues just sink it for me.
    ESPN 8-Team H2H Points

C(2) LW(2) RW(2) D(4) UTL(3) G(2) B(11) IR(4)

G(4) A(2) +/-(1) PIM(.25) SOG(.25) SHG(2) SHA(1) GWG(3) HAT(8) HIT(.25) BLK(.25) DEF(1) PPP(1)

W(5) L(-2) SA(.1) GA(-1) SV(.2) SO(5) OTL(2)

C: McDavid(K), Barzal, Kadri, Suzuki, Hischier, Keller, Teravainen
    LW: Huberdeau, Robertson, Verhaeghe, Caufield, Benn
    RW: Kucherov (K), Fiala, Thomas, Thompson, Jarvis, Necas
    D: Josi, Heiskenan, Dahlin, Hamilton, Hronek
    G: Oettinger, Fleury, Talbot
    IR: Andersen

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I agree fully with redprince, the injury to Cook could linger all year. I would avoid this for sure!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Is Hopkins that far ahead of Green though? For me, not nearly enough to take on the risk of Cook, even though you appear to be fine at RB. If you can downgrade Green in that trade, I would like it.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks all. To me, Hopkins over AJ seems like a pretty clear upgrade for boom potential. Even in his best game so far (3 TDs), the volume just wasn't there for Green as I think he had something like 60 yards or so, and I worry that Mixon coming into his own actually limits AJs upside a bit. And DJ has been better the last couple weeks, but not dominant by any means.

Still, point taken -- and the consensus here certainly helps. I am, admittedly, somewhat eager to make a trade in this league and shake things up so it's absolutely possible that I'm underselling my own players a bit and trying to force things.

Thanks again.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Padawan

DJ and AJ green easily