Thread: Pietrangelo, OEL and beyond!

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Pietrangelo, OEL and beyond!

I find myself in an enviable position this year for keepers (I know, I know, it's way too early to be talking about this).
    We get 2 dmen, and mine have been Pietrangelo and OEL previously. This year I drafted both Dahlin and Heiskanen.

Can you foresee an outcome where I should keep BOTH Dahlin and Heiskanen at year's end? What are your personal point projections / hopes for the two this season?

G A +/- SOG PPP HIT FW BLK
    12 GM keeper - Keep 2 forwards, 2 d, 1 g
    Current keepers: McDavid, Kucherov, OEL, Dahlin, Holtby

G A +/- SOG PPP HIT FW BLK
    W SA SV% GAA SO

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Pietrangelo, OEL and beyond!

For this year , maybe something around 30-35 points for both. Long term , I think they both can be 50 points D-men. You’re looking at 2 studs! It depends how long you can wait. They’re pretty young and D usually takes a little more time to reach their full potential.
    1G/1A=1, +-= 0.1, GWG=0.1 G: W=2, OTL=1,SO=1
    1st year ( 1 of 2 expansion team ) unlimited prospects ,9 teams League
    30 players roster, starts 20 weekly ( 12F, 6D, 2G )drops 7 at end of season

F= Schwartz,Zibanejad,Gourde,Palmieri,K.Hayes
    ,Kase,Kempe,Roslovic,Kreider,Niedereiter,T.Johnson ,Thornton
    D=Fowler,Klefbom,Slavin,Vatanen,Schultz,Matheson
    G=Raanta,Grubauer
    Bench: Bratt,Roslovic,Coyle,Bjork,Kahun,Meskanen,Ceci,Gus tafsson,Pionk,Koskinen,Korpisalo
    Prospects=Svechnikov,Farabee,Vesalainen,Sikura,
    Wise,Hughes,Jokiharju,Hague

Dobber Sports Expert

The only way I see you keeping both is if both the 2 guys you kept last year are hurt long term. I don't think it's likely that both rookies exceed both veterans.
    10 team Head-to-head true dynasty. Roster 33, draft 2, cut down before season. Start 1 G, 1-2 backup G's, 6 D, 12 F arranged in 4 lines of 3. Only categories that matter are Goals, Assists, Save% with a shutout bonus. Having NHL teammates helps.

G: F Andersen
    Backup G: Holtby
    D: Gardiner, M Reilly, Letang, Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Carlson
    F1: Voracek, Giroux, Couturier
    F2: Wheeler, Schiefele, Tavares
    F3: Benn, Seguin, MacKinnon
    F4: Stamkos, Point, JT Miller

Bench:
    G: (none)
    D: Ekman-Larsson, Werenski, Orlov
    F: Pavelski, Bailey, Guentzel, Sprong, Killorn, Bjorkstrand, Tuch, Labanc, Donato, Necas

Reserve:
    Datsyuk

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would say MAYBE Dahlin if he exceeds expectations this season and one of OEL/Pietrangelo is injured or slumps big time. Definitely a decision I'd defer until the end of the season.
    PM Pucks Salary Cap Keeper League (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 champion)
    Start 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 2 G, plus 4 bench slots. 3 levels of minor league teams.
    Skaters: G, A, TOI, +/-, (bonuses for d-men)
    Goalies: S, SO, W, negative points for GA and L

C: Barkov, Carter, Duchene, Reinhart, Patrick,
    Zacha, Jost, Suzuki
    LW: Huberdeau, Hoffman, Lehkonen, Vanek, Greenway, Vesalainen, Farabee
    RW: Stone, Gallagher,
    Pastrnak, Labanc, Tolvanen
    D: Letang, Gostisbehere, Byfuglien, Ellis, Schultz,
    Chabot, Morrissey, Grzelcyk, Jokiharju, Valimaki, Braun, Heed
    G: Andersen, Varlamov,
    Reimer, Sparks

Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Ninja

I feel like you're basically asking if it would be better value for you to sell on the hype of these guys now and load up for a win this year, if they are likely not going to be keepers for you going forward. I think it's a good play to consider, though I think you might have missed your window a little bit as I think you would have gotten more before either had played a single game.

Depending on the strength of the rest of your team I would seriously consider it. Though to be perfectly honest, I don't know enough about Dahlin or Heiskanen to be able to tell you comfortably whether or not I think they're good enough to be keepers for you this year over already established talent.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like you're basically asking if it would be better value for you to sell on the hype of these guys now and load up for a win this year, if they are likely not going to be keepers for you going forward. I think it's a good play to consider, though I think you might have missed your window a little bit as I think you would have gotten more before either had played a single game.

Depending on the strength of the rest of your team I would seriously consider it. Though to be perfectly honest, I don't know enough about Dahlin or Heiskanen to be able to tell you comfortably whether or not I think they're good enough to be keepers for you this year over already established talent.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!