Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: J.T. Miller Available

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default J.T. Miller Available

Hey fellas,

Miller was just dropped and I'm 2nd on the waiver wire order... Would you burn it for him and if so who on my team (excluding Darling) in my sig would you let go of?

Thanks in advance!
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: J.T. Miller Available

I wouldn't burn it....would just hope he falls through.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Seems like a panic drop from a manager who saw Miller skating on the 4th line during practice. I would want Miller over Bailey. I would probably burn the waiver position for him but that's really league dependant, Are there any panicky GMs in your league who will drop a stud in a panic ? If you don't use waiver position I'd scoop him once he clears waivers.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ya I might just watch and see how the lines shake out in TB. Palat has the top LW spot for now and with Tyler Johnson back, it's between Miller and Gourde I think.
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Seems like a panic drop from a manager who saw Miller skating on the 4th line during practice. I would want Miller over Bailey. I would probably burn the waiver position for him but that's really league dependant, Are there any panicky GMs in your league who will drop a stud in a panic ? If you don't use waiver position I'd scoop him once he clears waivers.
    Defeinitely a panic drop... the guy has dropped Shattenkirk and now J.T. Miller. One other guy let go of DeBrincat, which made no sense, but he was already scooped up by a higher waiver wire this morning. I'm very tempted to burn it because I feel I'm a bit weaker compared to other teams when it comes to production from forwards... I'm all set D and G wise.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by The Maritimer View Post
    Defeinitely a panic drop... the guy has dropped Shattenkirk and now J.T. Miller. One other guy let go of DeBrincat, which made no sense, but he was already scooped up by a higher waiver wire this morning. I'm very tempted to burn it because I feel I'm a bit weaker compared to other teams when it comes to production from forwards... I'm all set D and G wise.
    tempted but don't. Miller MUST actually make you better. But he doesn't. Lindholm & Bailey, Zucker are your closest in value, but are all in better situations on their respective teams. Outside of Zucker... the others are on top lines and PP1. When you can't see the immediate upgrade to your team - pass....

I'm assuming the reason you said 'excluding Darling' is due to IR?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    tempted but don't. Miller MUST actually make you better. But he doesn't. Lindholm & Bailey, Zucker are your closest in value, but are all in better situations on their respective teams. Outside of Zucker... the others are on top lines and PP1. When you can't see the immediate upgrade to your team - pass....

I'm assuming the reason you said 'excluding Darling' is due to IR?
    Thanks lucafen. Excluding Darling just due to so many teams and their lack of starting goalies... 7 teams only have 2 starters with 1 team only having 1... it's a strategic hold for now

Dobber Sports Jedi

Thanks lucafen. Excluding Darling just due to so many teams and their lack of starting goalies... 7 teams only have 2 starters with 1 team only having 1... it's a strategic hold for now
    fair.. just don't let strategy overly hinder your ability to produce points it's close to a dead roster spot. As soon as he's dressing, I'm shopping to all 7 teams in a 2-1 deal. Darling+Zucker/Bailey for an upgrade & then pick up that high end Waiver fodder (IE: Miller)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Tampa Bay only played one game. What a panic move...

I would pick him up...
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Padawan

fair.. just don't let strategy overly hinder your ability to produce points it's close to a dead roster spot. As soon as he's dressing, I'm shopping to all 7 teams in a 2-1 deal. Darling+Zucker/Bailey for an upgrade & then pick up that high end Waiver fodder (IE: Miller)
    Fantrax doesn't allow trades in their $$$ pools... I guess it's a pro and con, the con being I could definitely do as you suggest and package him once he's active, with the pro being that the other teams that are hurting on goalies are really screwed since there is literally no one available on the FA list.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

According to Daily Faceoff JT is still on #1 PP, even though showing on 4th line. I’m hanging on to him because a lot of things can change in 5-10 games. How savvy are your OGM’s? I would burn a spot for him and drop Bailey, unless you think another panicky GM is going to drop someone even more valuable.
    10 Team H2H Fantrax League, Points (Cats), Daily lineup, 3 claims / wk.
    F - 5, D - 4, G - 2, Skt - 1, Bench - 6, IR - 3

F - P. Kane, Zibanejad, Couturier, E. Lindholm, Kopitar, B. Schenn, Kadri, Monahan, Hintz, Rust, Nylander
    D - Burns, D. Hamilton, Girard, Andersson
    G - Hellebuyck, Andersen, Samsonov

Scoring -
    G - 1.4
    A - 1.4
    FOW - .4
    PPP - 1.1
    SOG - .8
    W - 1.1
    SV% - .6

The Great One

I'd drop Darling. In a 1-year league with no trades allowed, I just don't see the point in holding 4 goalies. Unless Carolina has an unbelievable off night schedule or something, it seems like a waste...

Dobber Sports Genius

You are only starting 5 forwards per week and you have: Benn, Pavelski, Skinner, Hoffman, Zucker, Lindholm, Bailey, Svechnikov. I would easily drop Svachnikov for Miller but I wouldn't burn a priority waiver claim on him based on the the five starting forwards you already have.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Excluding Darling just due to so many teams and their lack of starting goalies... 7 teams only have 2 starters with 1 team only having 1... it's a strategic hold for now
    With a serious shortage of goalies I would be sampling the interest right now. The gamble with waiting is if he is “lights out” good he’ll bring a better return. However, if he is mediocre (or worse) the return will be nothing, and you have used up a spot in the meantime. There’s almost always a GM who will gamble that he is getting the second coming of Georges Vezina/Johnny Bower/Glenn Hall/Patrick Roy (pick one)...just a thought.
    10 Team H2H Fantrax League, Points (Cats), Daily lineup, 3 claims / wk.
    F - 5, D - 4, G - 2, Skt - 1, Bench - 6, IR - 3

F - P. Kane, Zibanejad, Couturier, E. Lindholm, Kopitar, B. Schenn, Kadri, Monahan, Hintz, Rust, Nylander
    D - Burns, D. Hamilton, Girard, Andersson
    G - Hellebuyck, Andersen, Samsonov

Scoring -
    G - 1.4
    A - 1.4
    FOW - .4
    PPP - 1.1
    SOG - .8
    W - 1.1
    SV% - .6

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    You are only starting 5 forwards per week and you have: Benn, Pavelski, Skinner, Hoffman, Zucker, Lindholm, Bailey, Svechnikov. I would easily drop Svachnikov for Miller but I wouldn't burn a priority waiver claim on him based on the the five starting forwards you already have.
    I wouldn't drop Svech in a league using a goal bonus. His upside to smack 35+ goals is too tempting.