Thread: Out player can go IR!!!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Out player can go IR!!!

Well....this must be newer and maybe I just missed it. But if your player is declared Out.....and you have an IR spot. That player can be added to the IR spot.

This definitely wasn't always the case, because my main league decided no IR because it usually just meant the player was out for the year.

Anyways.....thought that was useful.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Out player can go IR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Well....this must be newer and maybe I just missed it. But if your player is declared Out.....and you have an IR spot. That player can be added to the IR spot.

This definitely wasn't always the case, because my main league decided no IR because it usually just meant the player was out for the year.

Anyways.....thought that was useful.
    This is an interesting development. I've always hated how players can be ruled "out" for sometimes weeks and we (as fantasy managers are either left dropping the player or wasting a roster spot keeping him). This made me wonder...does anyone know if you can use the IR slot for suspended players as well...such as Tom Wilson or Nate Schmidt?
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche_Ambush View Post
    This is an interesting development. I've always hated how players can be ruled "out" for sometimes weeks and we (as fantasy managers are either left dropping the player or wasting a roster spot keeping him). This made me wonder...does anyone know if you can use the IR slot for suspended players as well...such as Tom Wilson or Nate Schmidt?
    I assume he just means in football (the thread section) as you cannot do it in hockey.

As for suspended players, no they are not eligible.

Dobber Sports Icon

"Out" players can go on IR+ this year on Yahoo. I've got Willy Nylander on IR+ in the RHRS. However, he can't be placed on IR.

Suspended players do not qualify for IR or IR+ to my chagrin (Damn you Tom Wilson!)
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    "Out" players can go on IR+ this year on Yahoo. I've got Willy Nylander on IR+ in the RHRS. However, he can't be placed on IR.

Suspended players do not qualify for IR or IR+ to my chagrin (Damn you Tom Wilson!)
    Football thread.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Football thread.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yes I was just talking about NFL....because I thought that was kind of a big deal.

Dobber Sports Jedi

private leagues on fantrax have a feature to make suspended players IR eligible.. but even then - it's rare
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4