Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Khabib / McGregor

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Khabib / McGregor

Well, that was crazy. If somebody would have told me before hand, that after the fight, one of the fighters would hop the fence and attack somebody in the crowd, while at the same time, a member of that fighter’s team would hop the fence into the octagon to attack the other fighter, I never would have thought it would have been Khabib as the guilty one. Expect a fine and suspension, with the possibility of worse. Crazy. It was a great card, though.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Well, that was crazy. If somebody would have told me before hand, that after the fight, one of the fighters would hop the fence and attack somebody in the crowd, while at the same time, a member of that fighter’s team would hop the fence into the octagon to attack the other fighter, I never would have thought it would have been Khabib as the guilty one. Expect a fine and suspension, with the possibility of worse. Crazy. It was a great card, though.

Rylant
    Man, I watch UFC for over a decade and the security around the octogone really failled on this one! Especially that they knew the probability of something happen...I am suprised too that it is Khabib who act like an idiot and did't control his emotions at all after the fight. I would't be shocked if the UFC suspend him and remove his belt to make a fight between McGregor and GSP for the interim...
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Skinner, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, DeBrusk
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Samsonov
    Bench: Rust, Backstrom, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, Sharangovich, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Brodie, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Fleury, Bobrovsky, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Korchinski, Ersson

Dobber Sports Wizard

I wouldn't want to be Dana White right now. Khabib is probably the best in the world in his weight class but what he did is absolutely unacceptable and you can't just let it slide. Those who pay a ton of money to watch those fights live have to feel safe out there. You can't have fighters jumping to the audience and starting a fight (yes, I know it wasn't with a member of the audience but still). They're lucky there wasn't a full-blown riot out there.

So a suspension and removing his belt has to be considered. And the suspension would need to be significant because guys like him don't fight very often anyways. But do you really want to take the best fighter in the world out of your organization? What if he never wants to come back? Tough decisions ahead for Dana.

Dobber Sports Master

Crazy finish. Reminds me of the Tyson-Holyfield ear bite incident. Mayhem. Strangely enough, it wasn't MacGregor this time causing the trouble.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Administrator

Never a more appropriate time to post this...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Khabib will get a slap on the wrist, just like McGregor did for the bus incident.

Dana will act all pissed because that's the only plausible public reaction for someone in his position, but behind closed doors him and WME are licking their chops at the rematch which will break records and the fact that they've now got a legit marketable bad guy who will draw big PPV numbers.

This is an entertainment business and the reality is that shit like what happened last night sells tickets. Loud mouth, overrated fighters like McGregor sell tickets. The UFC will protect anyone who helps boost their bottom line.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

People talking about a “disgrace to the sport” where the two main goals of their pre-fight press conferences are to be as racists/derogatory as possible and insult your opponents heritage/family as much as you can. What a joke. This sport has no respect/class. This is par for the course of what should be expected.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    I literally have money on this outcome. Connor by KO/TKO/DQ in either round 1 or 2
    You may still win this bet. Stand by...

I wouldn?t be surprised to see this overturned to a DQ win for McGregor

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    You may still win this bet. Stand by...

I wouldn?t be surprised to see this overturned to a DQ win for McGregor
    That is not going to happen. Fine? Yes for sure. Suspension? Maybe. Stripped of title? Doubtful but possible. It won’t change the outcome of the fight, however. He won the fight, legitimately. The antics happened after. The fight outcome won’t be changed.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

I love watching UFC fights, but the parts where McGregor "hypes" the fight and the antics surrounding the fight, both before (the bus incident) and after (Khabib jumping over the Octagon and attacking a guy - regardless of the reason and Khabib's team mates jumping into the Octagon and assaulting McGregor) are just idiotic. It smacks of WWE and brings disrespect to a sport trying to be accepted as legit.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Khabib will get a slap on the wrist, just like McGregor did for the bus incident.

Dana will act all pissed because that's the only plausible public reaction for someone in his position, but behind closed doors him and WME are licking their chops at the rematch which will break records and the fact that they've now got a legit marketable bad guy who will draw big PPV numbers.

This is an entertainment business and the reality is that shit like what happened last night sells tickets. Loud mouth, overrated fighters like McGregor sell tickets. The UFC will protect anyone who helps boost their bottom line.
    I have to agree with this. The UFC is a business after all.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    People talking about a “disgrace to the sport” where the two main goals of their pre-fight press conferences are to be as racists/derogatory as possible and insult your opponents heritage/family as much as you can. What a joke. This sport has no respect/class. This is par for the course of what should be expected.
    Exactly.. rataylor is all over this!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Apparently Mcgregor's jui jitsu coach Danis was yelling chirps toward Khabib throughout the fight eventually calling him a "F'ing muslim rat!" near the end of the fight which khabib heard and that's what made him go bananas. Once Khabib was in the crowd 1 of his team members (the guy holding his famous white papakha hat) ran across the ring trying to jump over the fence towards khabib and Mcgregor actually threw a punch at him...that's what caused a 2nd Khabib team member (in red) to jump into the ring and attack Connor. The announcers were saying that Mcgregor didn't deserve to be attacked but it's because they initially didn't see that McGregor actually brought it upon himself by taking the first swing.

I doubt anything substantial happens to Khabib as a result of this and as stated above...all this footage will be used towards promoting the rematch fight...like the "dolly" video was used to fuel this fight.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin