Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Khabib / McGregor

Dobber Sports Star

Default Khabib / McGregor

I am pretty pumped about this one. I want Connor to win, he is so entertaining to me, but Khabib is SO good. My gut tells me that Khabib takes this one.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Khabib / McGregor

This should be a dog fight.. Lots of experts are writing Connor off because of Khabib's wrestling, but personally I think stylistically it's a nightmare matchup for both fighters. Connor is faster and stronger than anyone else Khabib has fought, and other fighters have caught that chin enough to shake him. If Connor can land one of those shots I can see Khabib going to sleep. With that being said, Khabib has never lost a single round ever in the UFC so if he takes McGregor into the deep water I can see it being a long night for Connor.

Should be good.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm watching this, but prolly just the last couple of fights on the card. Watch hockey, then find that illegal stream.

I miss the days where the UFC card was like 3 title fights, and 2 "winner gets the title fight". So you would wanna watch the whole paperview
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It's will be very interesting (like every other McGregor's fights) for sure! I remember I noticed that McGregor got something special in his eyes when he was a relatively unknown fighter (in his fight against Brandao in Ireland). Since then, I were sure he was going to be a superstar in this crazy game that is the UFC. It is very possible that Khabib eat him alive on the ground, but I will always put my money on McGregor because he his that special animal who perform better when the pressure is there. He can take a punch and is amazing to stike effectively with enought power to put anyone into sleep.
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Skinner, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, DeBrusk
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Samsonov
    Bench: Rust, Backstrom, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, Sharangovich, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Brodie, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Fleury, Bobrovsky, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Korchinski, Ersson

Dobber Sports Immortal

Very excited for this.

Dobber Sports Titan

Chances McGregor pitches his whiskey after the fight in the ring?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Got a feeling it will be a conor TKO in the 1st or 2nd. This fight is a toss up tho, if khabib can get a clinch or takedown and tire him out it will a long night for conor.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyKing View Post
    Got a feeling it will be a conor TKO in the 1st or 2nd. This fight is a toss up tho, if khabib can get a clinch or takedown and tire him out it will a long night for conor.
    I literally have money on this outcome. Connor by KO/TKO/DQ in either round 1 or 2
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

Dobber Sports All-Star

After hearing those annoying promotional ads, i'm hoping McGregor gets his ass wooped once and for all so we don't have to hear him ever again.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    After hearing those annoying promotional ads, i'm hoping McGregor gets his ass wooped once and for all so we don't have to hear him ever again.
    I think he signed something like an 8 fight deal, so good luck with that. I also have no interest in watching this fight. Connor is turning MMA into a WWF (or whatever it's called now) freak show. He is so predictable and boring...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I think he signed something like an 8 fight deal, so good luck with that. I also have no interest in watching this fight. Connor is turning MMA into a WWF (or whatever it's called now) freak show. He is so predictable and boring...
    He's turning MMA into WWE because he promotes himself and tries to hype his fights?

I guess he could be like 95% of the roster and give generic boring 5 word responses in interviews and press conferences....

Dobber Sports Genius

MacGregor will send his nose to the nose bleeds!
    Anyone have a link for the fight or know if the mx box has these on them? Could borrow a friends.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    He's turning MMA into WWE because he promotes himself and tries to hype his fights?

I guess he could be like 95% of the roster and give generic boring 5 word responses in interviews and press conferences....
    Khabib promotes his fights by being the best damn fighter he can be. Connor promotes his fights by swearing and throwing chairs (while trying to hock his latest sponsorship deal). I don't watch MMA for the interviews. I guess that's the difference between us. To each their own...

Dobber Sports Veteran

I don't watch it FOR the interviews, but I do in fact watch the interviews. I get how Khabib and other great fighters promote themselves, but nobody, ever, has done as well of a job of that as Connor has promoting their brand. (That's what each of these guys are, essentially)

I guess what I'm trying to get at is, most of these fighters are extremely underpaid. If I'm another fighter on the roster I'd be begging to be on every card Connor's on because I know it's going to sell, and my $$ from the % of the PPV is going to be greater.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    I don't watch it FOR the interviews, but I do in fact watch the interviews. I get how Khabib and other great fighters promote themselves, but nobody, ever, has done as well of a job of that as Connor has promoting their brand. (That's what each of these guys are, essentially)

I guess what I'm trying to get at is, most of these fighters are extremely underpaid. If I'm another fighter on the roster I'd be begging to be on every card Connor's on because I know it's going to sell, and my $$ from the % of the PPV is going to be greater.
    totally... what I'd like to know is how many of the 3+ million expected PPV purchases for this card are A. 1st time buyers and B. long time boxing fans - tuning in to see CM fight in his own element.

I now expect GSP to return wanting to fight the winner - not only would it be a legacy fight - but he'll get filthy f---ing rich - esp. if it's McGregor.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4