Thread: Who to drop for TE

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Who to drop for TE

Have Burton on a bye this week, having a tough time deciding who i should drop to pick up a TE .5 point PPR team below, the two I'm thinking of dropping are in bold.

Ryan
    A Brown
    W fulller
    Demaryius Thomas
    Quincy Enunwa
    Julian Edelmen
    Mike Evans
    Lamar Miller
    Mccaffrey
    Keryon Johnson
    Aaron Jones
    Ronald Jones

I am leaning towards dropping Enunwa. I feel Quincy would be easier to replace given how prime of a position RB is.

Thoughts?
    12 team Keeper Head to Head: (10 Keepers)
    G,A,P,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,W,SV%,GAA,SO

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Who to drop for TE

Like you said, Quincy is probably the easiest to replace. However, he's also the most targeted on the Jets, so if there's any J E T S fans in your league chances are he gets scooped right away.

R. Jones is the least productive currently, but also has the potential to become RB1 in TB... You could bank on him having another non-productive week and re-acquire him next week, but on the off chance he has a breakout game you could lose him for nothing.

I like to gamble, so my drop would be R. Jones.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You're also deep enough at WR that unless you start 3 or 4 WR every week, you won't likely use Enunwa that much anyway.
    Yahoo, 1 yr, 10-team, H2H Pts
    G 5, A 2.5, +/- 0.25, SOG 0.5, PPG 1.7, PPA 0.85, SHG 3.4, SHA 1.7, PIM -0.7, HIT 1, BLK 1, GWG 2, FOW .5, FOL -0.2
    GS 1, W 5, L -2, GA -1.15, SA 0.10, SV 0.45, SO 2.5

C (2): O'Reilly, Kopitar
    LW (2): Draisatl, B Tkachuk
    RW (2): Stamkos, J Miller
    D (3): Nurse, Pulock, Risto
    Bench: Horvat, Glendening, Parayko, Seguin (IR)
    G: Shesterkin, Blackwood, Koskinen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by mwojt21 View Post
    You're also deep enough at WR that unless you start 3 or 4 WR every week, you won't likely use Enunwa that much anyway.
    We start 3 weekly and have a flex spot.

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    We start 3 weekly and have a flex spot.
    You've got 5 really solid options for WR, not including Enunwa, while RB is a bit weaker. I'd rather keep a flyer at RB that might pay off later.
    Yahoo, 1 yr, 10-team, H2H Pts
    G 5, A 2.5, +/- 0.25, SOG 0.5, PPG 1.7, PPA 0.85, SHG 3.4, SHA 1.7, PIM -0.7, HIT 1, BLK 1, GWG 2, FOW .5, FOL -0.2
    GS 1, W 5, L -2, GA -1.15, SA 0.10, SV 0.45, SO 2.5

C (2): O'Reilly, Kopitar
    LW (2): Draisatl, B Tkachuk
    RW (2): Stamkos, J Miller
    D (3): Nurse, Pulock, Risto
    Bench: Horvat, Glendening, Parayko, Seguin (IR)
    G: Shesterkin, Blackwood, Koskinen

Dobber Sports Veteran

You're nicely stocked at WR with Edelman coming back, so for me the choice comes down to Enunwa or Thomas. Thomas is the one who deserves to be dropped, but obviously has more name recognition. So if forced to choose, I'd probably also drop Enunwa.

With that said, outside of bye weeks or injuries I doubt that either Enunwa or Thomas will be anywhere near your starting lineup given your other options.

So in the first instance I'd put both of them on the block and see what, if any, offers come your way. Maybe see if you can package one of them up with, say, a Miller or Jones or Johnson and get back a better RB while freeing up a roster spot.

Or target a team with a very solid but not perceived as unmovable WR1 (like a Green, Thielen, Diggs, Allen, Adams or frustrated OBJ owner) and much lesser WR2 and 3, and put one of Enunwa or Thomas together with one of those RBs or an Edelman or Fuller type and see if you get some bites.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    You're nicely stocked at WR with Edelman coming back, so for me the choice comes down to Enunwa or Thomas. Thomas is the one who deserves to be dropped, but obviously has more name recognition. So if forced to choose, I'd probably also drop Enunwa.

With that said, outside of bye weeks or injuries I doubt that either Enunwa or Thomas will be anywhere near your starting lineup given your other options.

So in the first instance I'd put both of them on the block and see what, if any, offers come your way. Maybe see if you can package one of them up with, say, a Miller or Jones or Johnson and get back a better RB while freeing up a roster spot.

Or target a team with a very solid but not perceived as unmovable WR1 (like a Green, Thielen, Diggs, Allen, Adams or frustrated OBJ owner) and much lesser WR2 and 3, and put one of Enunwa or Thomas together with one of those RBs or an Edelman or Fuller type and see if you get some bites.
    I've been trying to swing deals all week with no luck. Totally agree on D Thomas deserving to be dropped, trying to trade him to a few of his fans in my league.

I think I am going to take the chance and drop Enunwa. Going to hold until Sunday though in the hopes one of my Questionable players is listed as out so I can pop them on IR (eunwa just showed up on the injury report today)

Thanks for the help!

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

drop Enunwa. i love him too...but TDs will be very scarce or maybe Miller. Flip a coin...you're pretty deep at WR so maybe Enunwa
    @SmittysRant